Author Topic: Thunderbird 38.6.0  (Read 12901 times)

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
Thunderbird 38.6.0
« on: February 29, 2016, 06:17:34 am »
Thunderbird 38.6.0 is now available. Same requirements as the Bitwise build of Firefox and same limitations, mostly no printing.
https://bitbucket.org/dryeo/dry-comm-esr31/downloads/thunderbird-38.6.0.en-US.os2.zip

roberto

• View Profile
Re: Thunderbird 38.6.0
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 09:42:17 am »
After install this version, and try starting, during boot was closed . And now I can not use neither this nor the previous version . Any idea that I can look at.
Saludos

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 11:30:32 am »
I see that top.exe show that thunderbird.exe (38.6.0) is running, hard kill fail. And restart the system, open the previous ver 31.8.0 , and show 2 ico in the upper right corner, and when move in folders only displays the contents of one folder. Close it, restart and all is ok. But this is with ver 31.8.0
I have a problem with this version with one mail from only one customer, that close the thunderbird.
Saludos

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2016, 04:50:33 pm »
The program thunderbird 38.6.0, in other pc, It is working well.
My problem was, from readme file :-[:
-- Compatibility Warning ---
dbrestore.zip (perfect)

Saludos.

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 08:57:15 am »
Hello
With this version thunderbird, the Integrated Calendar for thundebird have a problem. I disable it.
The problem is  when I leave the computer running on day and night. I usually leave closing applications and backups at night. If I have activated the calendar , the next day I can not open the Tunderbird , and I have to restart the computer. This is in ecs2.0
Saludos

Neil Waldhauer

• View Profile
    • Blonde Guy
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2016, 03:20:21 pm »
I have activated the calendar, yet I'm able to reopen Thunderbird the next day. My Calendar is synchronized with iCloud. I'm on eCS 2.2 b2, and my machine is always on. I reboot pretty frequently, but this morning has been up for over 2 days.
Expert consulting for ArcaOS, OS/2 and eComStation
http://www.blondeguy.com

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2016, 06:56:01 pm »
Yes, unluckily something is broken with calendar and I've yet to figure it out  :(

mwizard

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2016, 12:47:57 am »
I've started to use Thunderbird for the first time.  I've been using web mail most of the time, and I now have the need for a pop3 account application.

Installing and setting it up to receive & send email went without a hitch.  My first problem thus far has been the attachement save.

My first email with an attachement had a small JPG file attached.  Each time I saved the attachment Thurnderbird disappeared.  And by that I mean it seems to have crashed, and left no trace it was running.  Popuplog has no record of the crash.  And I'm not sure how to find a dump if one was created.

I wondered if the problem might be file type dependent.  I sent two more emails, one with a PDF and one with a ZIP attachment.

All attachments were between 10k & 100k in size.

Saving the PDF gave me the same problem.  I tried multiple times with the JPG attachment and multiple times with this attachment all resulting in an application crash.

Saving the ZIP was successful the first time I tried.

Now when I go back to save the other JPG & PDF attachments, those save requests now work fine.

I don't know if my system just had gremlins, or if there is some form of bug in the system.

It would be interesting to know if anyone else could recreate this condition.

I'm continuing to use Thunderbird and hoping the gremlins do not return.

-Mark

Edit:  I'm very sorry.  I just double checked my version of Thunderbird and it is 31.8, and not 38.6 as this thread applies.  I should probably find this new version and install it.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2016, 12:52:36 am by Mark »

Neil Waldhauer

• View Profile
    • Blonde Guy
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2016, 04:50:32 pm »
Although iCloud will not open for me in Firefox 38 beta 7, I am still able to open the Calendar on Thunderbird.

I have another question about Thunderbird. Can I store messages as one message per file instead of MBOX (all messages in one file) format?

Do these instructions work?

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/maildir-thunderbird
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 06:04:47 pm by Neil Waldhauer »
Expert consulting for ArcaOS, OS/2 and eComStation
http://www.blondeguy.com

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2016, 08:37:57 pm »
I'm not aware of anyone testing. It should work much the same as on other platforms, including bugs, eg the ones referenced in https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/Maildir which i are probably in 45ESR. You can always create a test profile and try.