Author Topic: Firefox 38.2.1  (Read 34820 times)

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
Re: Firefox 38.2.1
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2016, 04:39:26 pm »
layers.acceleration.disabled can be toggled in about:config.

It could be a buffer overflow. It would explain why it just vanishes.
Workaround, you could install awget (hobbes) which includes a plugin and also can check the clipboard and passes downloads to wget.

Joop

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2016, 07:17:02 pm »
First thing I noticed is that the fonts used in the menu bar and so on are a little bigger. This will cost you real estate on the screen, so first homepage did appear with a slider on the right. More real estate gone. Not happy with that. Didn't find a way to adjust the font size for menu's and so on.
Found a solution with an add-on called "Theme Font & Size Changer", lists the fonts available for OS/2-eCS, ie settings of your locale. Real estate returned to normal size, no sliders on the right ;-)

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2016, 10:09:08 pm »
I have another problem, in special into ebay pages, flash w32 error see image with error.

Saludos

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2016, 02:57:14 am »
Flash is no longer supported and will fail in various ways.
That error is usually the plugin not finding the Flash binary due to registry corruption or stuff being moved around. Being a Windows binary, the usual advice is to reinstall Flash.
It may also be a problem with pluginreg.dat in your profile, delete with Firefox closed and retry.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 03:00:14 am by Dave Yeo »

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2016, 06:59:42 pm »
, delete with Firefox closed and retry.
How can delete with Firefox?

Saludos

Pete

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2016, 08:55:08 pm »
Hi

I often find that when the flash plugin fails to load closing the browser and starting again the flash plugin now works.

@roberto

", delete with Firefox closed and retry."
Does not mean to use firefox to delete; means Delete when firefox is closed.

Regards

Pete

roberto

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2016, 11:17:05 pm »
Thanks Pete, This does not work in my case .
Saludos

karotlopj

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2016, 01:29:27 pm »
Found a solution with an add-on called "Theme Font & Size Changer", lists the fonts available for OS/2-eCS, ie settings of your locale. Real estate returned to normal size, no sliders on the right ;-)

Where did you find this add-on?

I've only just got this latest version of Firefox working after struggling for several weeks and still finding my way around with it.

karotlopj

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2016, 03:04:07 pm »
My major problem with Firefox is when I try to download something and get:

Try saving to a different location.

I've looked at various solutions but nothing has worked so far.

Joop

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2016, 06:13:00 pm »

Where did you find this add-on?

I've only just got this latest version of Firefox working after struggling for several weeks and still finding my way around with it.
It can be found under the menu item add-ons and than go to the site with add-ons. Probably by typing the "Theme Font & Size Changer" you will find it quickly.

karotlopj

« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2016, 07:15:42 pm »
It can be found under the menu item add-ons and than go to the site with add-ons. Probably by typing the "Theme Font & Size Changer" you will find it quickly.

Thanks, I did find it, but....

There was an error downloading Theme Font & Size changer

For some reason Firefox will not allow any downloading.

Joop

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2016, 01:23:45 am »
For some reason Firefox will not allow any downloading.
I did find the problem, version is updated. But the older ones are still available.
Be sure your looking for
Open the page from the add on, you see that the present version is not available for us. Now scroll down to the bottom of the page. You see version information or something like that (I have to translate on this point from Dutch to English because the page is presented in Dutch automatically).  Click on version information. You get about the same message but with this difference that at the bottom you find a link to older versions. Click on it and you get a list of all versions. Go to version 43.4, this one is installed on my system. If you going to this version a green bar with add to ff will appear. The higher version numbers are not available for our ff version. I hope this will help.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2016, 06:09:29 am »
John, do you have %TEMP%, %TMP% and %TMPDIR% correctly set pointing to a writeable volume? Probably should use \ in %TEMP% and %TMP%. IIRC Firefox first saves to %TEMP%

karotlopj

« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2016, 07:05:48 am »
John, do you have %TEMP%, %TMP% and %TMPDIR% correctly set pointing to a writeable volume? Probably should use \ in %TEMP% and %TMP%. IIRC Firefox first saves to %TEMP%

Thanks very much Dave.

That was the problem.