Author Topic: vbox os2 and nat port forwarding  (Read 9754 times)

ydario

vbox os2 and nat port forwarding
« on: March 25, 2013, 12:52:57 pm »
Hi,

I have a vbox os2 host (1.6.1), and a VM with xp guest running in network NAT mode.

I'm unable to get nat port forwarding to work, I want to reach internal vnc server in xp. I disabled xp firewall, but it seems a vbox issue.

I can't use TAP driver for bridge, it doesn't work on this pc (when installed it messes tcpip stack).

Davorin

• View Profile
Re: vbox os2 and nat port forwarding
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 10:24:54 am »
I checked and port forwarding support doesn't seem to exist in 1.6.1.

Michaelhz

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 08:10:39 am »
... of course its working. I have here an XP-rdp server running inside a eCS-hosted vbox. Using NAT and the following script:

VBoxManage setextradata "WinXPDC" "VBoxInternal/Devices/pcnet/0/LUN#0/Config/remotedesk/Protocol" TCP
VBoxManage setextradata "WinXPDC" "VBoxInternal/Devices/pcnet/0/LUN#0/Config/remotedesk/GuestPort" 3389
VBoxManage setextradata "WinXPDC" "VBoxInternal/Devices/pcnet/0/LUN#0/Config/remotedesk/HostPort" 3389

So my little eCS-Homeserver accepts rdp-logins under the ip-adress of the host-machine.

ydario

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2013, 12:27:07 am »
VBoxManage setextradata "WinXPDC" "VBoxInternal/Devices/pcnet/0/LUN#0/Config/remotedesk/Protocol" TCP
VBoxManage setextradata "WinXPDC" "VBoxInternal/Devices/pcnet/0/LUN#0/Config/remotedesk/GuestPort" 3389
VBoxManage setextradata "WinXPDC" "VBoxInternal/Devices/pcnet/0/LUN#0/Config/remotedesk/HostPort" 3389

So my little eCS-Homeserver accepts rdp-logins under the ip-adress of the host-machine.

I did like this, but using different ports between host and guest (5902 vs 5900). I'll try again, maybe I mispelled something.