Author Topic: One font can hang the system ecs22beta2+updates? Workplace sans normal  (Read 27663 times)

roberto

• View Profile
Hello
I am not sure if this problem is only in my system, but I test it with e.exe and with dbexpert, the font with problems is Workplace sans normal, the font Workplace sans bold is ok. Only when print it with psprint, or when I create a ps file before print.

Saludos

Eugene Gorbunoff

• View Profile
yes.. I confirm that a new font was causing hangs of eCS.

add-on: *if* you drop the font to the Desktop
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 11:40:58 am by Eugene Gorbunoff »

muffetta

I can not confirm this, here it works well without hangs WPS (printing to pdf & ps creation) on eCS2.2b2, check better your ghostscript configuration.
Maybe Workplace Sans normal font could be better renderized, but this is another issue.
Regards

roberto

• View Profile

add-on: *if* you drop the font to the Desktop
How made you for drop the font to Desktop?

Saludos

roberto

• View Profile
I can not confirm this, here it works well without hangs WPS (printing to pdf & ps creation) on eCS2.2b2, check better your ghostscript configuration.

I do not have the hang if I send or create a pdf or ps with pdfwriter without font embedded. I have the hang if use *psprint* with font embended similar to this:
Code: [Select]
clip n d2w
%%Trailer
end
epsSave restore
%%DocumentSuppliedFonts:
%%+ font Workplace Sans Bold
%%+ font URW Palladio L Bold
%%+ font Courier Italic
%%+ font Helvetica Italic
%%Pages: 1
%%EOF
[code/]

Saludos

roberto

• View Profile
Another form for test it, is select your psprint.your printer, textformat, change font, select workplace sans normal, and click ok and crash...
See the photo:

Saludos

muffetta

Another form for test it, is select your psprint.your printer, textformat, change font, select workplace sans normal, and click ok and crash...
See the photo:

Saludos
Again, i cannot confirm, since here, i have not crashes at all.
Quite strange, for now my only suggestion is still to check your configuration, since a system/wps crash like you say could be not related simply to ghostscript/cups setups.
Regards.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 05:32:00 pm by Barbara »

roberto

• View Profile
Hello Barbara
Thanks for test, but you are runing in a pscript printer, no in a psprint. In pscript I do not have problems.
I have deduced *pscript* by the icon image of the printer.

Saludos

muffetta

Hello Barbara
Thanks for test, but you are runing in a pscript printer, no in a psprint. In pscript I do not have problems.
I have deduced *pscript* by the icon image of the printer.

Saludos
Yes, your are right, it hangs. Fortunatly this seems to occurr only using Workplace Sans normal font. Maybe a new version will solve the problem.
Regards.

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
has anyone tested with the latest? Also compared the version with included bitmaps vs none?
http://www.altsan.org/creative/fonts/workplace/wpsu_bit_100.zip, with included bitmaps
http://www.altsan.org/creative/fonts/workplace/wpsu_ttf_100.zip without.

roberto

• View Profile
has anyone tested with the latest? Also compared the version with included bitmaps vs none?
http://www.altsan.org/creative/fonts/workplace/wpsu_bit_100.zip, with included bitmaps

Hello, with this bitmaps font, do not hang, but in screen show in correct position the text. But in ps is the same = printer in paper, in same cases the text is move.

I go to test the other font...

roberto

• View Profile
This fonts not hang the system, but you can see the screen and the ps= is the printer:
wpsu-bit-normal94
wpsu-withoutbit-normal111
wpsub-bit95
wpsub-withoutbit55

In the ps the text ***Id*** is cut.
In screen in text ***Last name*** with wps bold the font show as courier.

Saludos

muffetta

@Dave: Yes, i'm using latest fonts.
Only for purpose test, I'll try to convert Alex's latest ttf to another format and revert to ttf using fontforge on linux, to see if this can solve the problem, waiting for the next version.
Regards.

Alex Taylor

• View Profile
FWIW, I'll be updating Workplace Sans to v1.01 fairly soon (hopefully within this month).

There are known problems printing plain text format using a TrueType font with PSPRINT. As noted in another thread on this forum, it seems to occur when word wrapping is enabled.  This seems to be some sort of PSPRINT bug, so I don't think updating Workplace Sans is likely to fix it, but by all means let me know what the results are.

There will hopefully be more work done on PSPRINT later this year.

muffetta

@Alex: Many thanks for all your efforts  ;) !
Only for purpose test.....
Try this...
unlock wpsu.ttf, rename to .org, update and reboot.
It seems to work with both drivers.
Since i don't have it, what about dbexpert?
The render looks like the original one, with more than a pdf viewer.
Latest screenshots after some changes into settings, much better than before.
But since there have been some "Warnings" during conversion, they may not be suitable for all purposes.
Let us know.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 07:46:20 pm by Barbara »