Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
Games / Re: Minecraft
« Last post by Jochen Schäfer on April 11, 2024, 12:56:50 pm »
Hi Jochen,

Tried this new version of classicube, and trying to register, the web browser (SeaMonkey in this case) does open, but it opens on my home page, not the registration page.
I saw that behaviour, too, but on my last test Firefox opened with a new window and the URL. Strange.

I use IAIUtil to edit the web apps in OS2.INI (IAI_1.0.9.2 on Hobbes). It requires the VPREXX.DLL runtime (found in VisiPro Rexx also on Hobbes).

Regards,
Thanks for the tip, I will look into it.
« Last post by David McKenna on April 11, 2024, 12:36:50 pm »
Hi Jochen,

Tried this new version of classicube, and trying to register, the web browser (SeaMonkey in this case) does open, but it opens on my home page, not the registration page.

I use IAIUtil to edit the web apps in OS2.INI (IAI_1.0.9.2 on Hobbes). It requires the VPREXX.DLL runtime (found in VisiPro Rexx also on Hobbes).

Regards,

Setup & Installation / Re: Install Arca OS via USB stick
« Last post by gt on April 11, 2024, 11:24:55 am »
Thanks all, unfortunately, I don't have the .7z file anymore, just the ISO. It's bought and paid for, but it was a couple of years ago now, so I can't re-download it. So I guess the tools I need to make an installer aren't freely available? If not, I'll try Arca Noae.

Cheers

Garry
« Last post by Jochen Schäfer on April 11, 2024, 09:22:35 am »
I created a new version with support to open URLs. Can somebody please test it.
How would I change the default browser settings? Is there some frontend for that? Or do I have to use an Ini editor to do that?
Applications / Re: XWP v1.0.16
« Last post by Martin Iturbide on April 11, 2024, 01:36:16 am »
Hello

I created this ticket, about enhancing XWPKeyboard Mappings.

http://trac.netlabs.org/xworkplace/ticket/11

I think it can be interesting to grab the idea of "Folder Hotkeys" and put it on "Mappings" so different combination of keys can be assigned to some desktop actions (parameters).
But I guess it will be more interesting if more "desktop actions" can be added to XWP there, like the ones in "Windows Keys" like "Hide/show all windows", "Show windows list", "Lock up desktop", etc. 

Regards
« Last post by Remy on April 11, 2024, 01:11:02 am »
Hello everyone,
I bought Arca OS 5.0.5 a couple of years ago and just now finally trying to install it on real hardware, not just VirtulaBox.

I have my ISO file, but Rufus on Windows doesn't recognise it as bootable and writing it to a USB stick doesn't seem to make it bootable. Arca Noae's docs suggest using dfsanwin.exe to create a USB stick installer, but I don't seem to have this anywhere and can't find it online.

Can anybody suggest how to make a USB installer from the ISO?

Cheers

Garry

Hi,

The iso file was into an archive file.
Into this archive file you have the needed dfsee script like dfsanwin usable under windows system as well  readusb.txt about how to create your bootable usb key.
I would suggest you to download your arcaos archive again.

Regards

« Last post by Pete on April 11, 2024, 01:01:09 am »
Hi Garry

The ArcaOS-5.0.5.7z file that you downloaded from ArcaNoae contains dfsanwin.exe

Regards

Pete
Programming / Re: Bigicons
« Last post by David Graser on April 10, 2024, 11:31:43 pm »
Just doodled around with a theme called Golden_Metallic
Setup & Installation / Install Arca OS via USB stick
« Last post by gt on April 10, 2024, 09:46:43 pm »
Hello everyone,
I bought Arca OS 5.0.5 a couple of years ago and just now finally trying to install it on real hardware, not just VirtulaBox.

I have my ISO file, but Rufus on Windows doesn't recognise it as bootable and writing it to a USB stick doesn't seem to make it bootable. Arca Noae's docs suggest using dfsanwin.exe to create a USB stick installer, but I don't seem to have this anywhere and can't find it online.

Can anybody suggest how to make a USB installer from the ISO?

Cheers

Garry
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10