Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Applications / Re: LarsenCommander - new test version
« Last post by Andi B. on April 21, 2024, 06:20:25 pm »
Oh, I never used these setting page by myself. In fact I took the usual OS/2 way - drag/drop a font from the font palette to the desired place. I think I remember all these dropped fonts (and colors, and background colors) are saved and restored. So I think you only have to drop your desired fonts on the different controls and you're done. Does this not work for your on one of the controls?

Though I for myself rarely had the need to change my fonts the last decade or so as I still use monitors with 94-105dpi (most of the time).

« Last post by Martin Iturbide on April 21, 2024, 06:02:32 pm »
Hello Andi B.

Thanks for updating Larsen Commander.

I was wondering if there can be some easy way to make Larsen Commander to get the default font and size from the XWorkplace 1.0.26 font settings, without breaking the great functionality that Larsen Commander has to select a font and size for each component.

But I recognize I don't have  a clear idea of how I want it to be shown on the configuration. I don't know if having a checkbox on each of the components saying "Use system default", but it may look to messy.

Regards
Programming / Re: Dive: Why does not this work
« Last post by Lars on April 21, 2024, 11:45:27 am »
I don't think that checking for shadow buffer is worth the effort. Todays systems with the video memory addressable as write combined memory are more than fast enough for your purposes. Just always use DiveBlitImage, following the beehive sample. That sample works perfectly well with the shadow buffer enabled.
« Last post by Jochen Schäfer on April 21, 2024, 03:24:28 am »
Yes, I do use the Dive functions, but WM_VRNDISABLED AND WM_VRNENABLED are not much use for me, since Classicube gives me the rectangles it wants to paint to, anyway. Moreover, SDL2 works without using the window messages, so it seems optional.
Really? Does it correctly handle the situation when the application window is partly obscured by another desktop window?
No need to get snarky. I don’t get anything, so I‘m really not interested in obscured windows in the first place.
« Last post by Jochen Schäfer on April 21, 2024, 03:22:49 am »
Code from Mozilla (widget\os2\nswindow.cpp #405), for querying whether the shadow buffer is enabled
Code: [Select]
  // Don't use DIVE if the Panorama video driver is in use
  // unless its shadow buffer is turned off.
  HMODULE hmod;
  if (!DosQueryModuleHandle("PANOGREX", &hmod)) {
    char      str[8];
    if (PrfQueryProfileString(HINI_USERPROFILE, "PANORAMA", "VBEShadowBuffer",
                              0, str, sizeof(str)) && !strcmp(str, "0")) {
      sUseDive = TRUE;
      printf("Video driver is Panorama - shadow-buffer is disabled\n");
    }
    else
      printf("DIVE is disabled - Panorama's shadow-buffer is enabled\n");

return;
  }

sUseDive = TRUE;
Thanks.
« Last post by Flashback on April 21, 2024, 12:15:55 am »
Yes, I do use the Dive functions, but WM_VRNDISABLED AND WM_VRNENABLED are not much use for me, since Classicube gives me the rectangles it wants to paint to, anyway. Moreover, SDL2 works without using the window messages, so it seems optional.
Really? Does it correctly handle the situation when the application window is partly obscured by another desktop window?
« Last post by roberto on April 20, 2024, 08:54:18 pm »
Hello
Thank you very much for your effort.
 I have a little problem that is very annoying to me.
  Let me explain:
When I have the lcmd open and on top of that I have the editor e.exe open
 I MOVE my mouse over the number 10 Exit button. A yellow bar lights up.
 And when I move the mouse over the editor, at the scroll bar, when you click on the scroll bar of the editor,
  the Lcmd closes.
Saludos
« Last post by Dave Yeo on April 20, 2024, 04:35:29 pm »
Code from Mozilla (widget\os2\nswindow.cpp #405), for querying whether the shadow buffer is enabled
Code: [Select]
  // Don't use DIVE if the Panorama video driver is in use
  // unless its shadow buffer is turned off.
  HMODULE hmod;
  if (!DosQueryModuleHandle("PANOGREX", &hmod)) {
    char      str[8];
    if (PrfQueryProfileString(HINI_USERPROFILE, "PANORAMA", "VBEShadowBuffer",
                              0, str, sizeof(str)) && !strcmp(str, "0")) {
      sUseDive = TRUE;
      printf("Video driver is Panorama - shadow-buffer is disabled\n");
    }
    else
      printf("DIVE is disabled - Panorama's shadow-buffer is enabled\n");

return;
  }

sUseDive = TRUE;
« Last post by Jochen Schäfer on April 20, 2024, 02:52:58 pm »
Look at the OS/2 toolkit, in the "beehive" sample code (in that code you can ignore everything that centers around sprite creation. You can also ignore everything that centers around full screen DIVE unless you really want to do that, that includes loading GAMESVR [deprecated since Warp 4] or PMMERGE  Dive Fullscreen Init procedure).

I think you will need to support the WM_VRNDISABLED and WM_VRNENABLED window messages and use DiveAllocImageBuffer,DiveBlitImage,DivFreeImageBuffer. Note that the sample does the blitting from a secondary thread.

Also note that you cannot do "direct mode" when you are using Panorama with "Shadow Buffer Enabled". Since that is the setting that about 95% of all remaining OS/2 users will use, you should honour that.
How can I get the option?
« Last post by Lars on April 20, 2024, 12:39:55 pm »
Look at the OS/2 toolkit, in the "beehive" sample code (in that code you can ignore everything that centers around sprite creation. You can also ignore everything that centers around full screen DIVE unless you really want to do that, that includes loading GAMESVR [deprecated since Warp 4] or PMMERGE  Dive Fullscreen Init procedure).

I think you will need to support the WM_VRNDISABLED and WM_VRNENABLED window messages and use DiveAllocImageBuffer,DiveBlitImage,DivFreeImageBuffer. Note that the sample does the blitting from a secondary thread.

Also note that you cannot do "direct mode" when you are using Panorama with "Shadow Buffer Enabled". Since that is the setting that about 95% of all remaining OS/2 users will use, you should honour that.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10