Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Setup & Installation / Re: Ecomstation 1.0
« Last post by Andi B. on Today at 09:48:01 am »
It is not for sale anymore and the company does not exist anymore. Why there are people thinks this is piracy ? This is abadonware . Not for sale anymore . I try this system on a old pc . But without a key it is total useless. And i do not buy a old operating system. A shame to give no serial key for a old system .
It's legally not allowed to give away a personal key for this product. Period. If someone decides to not play to the rules so be it. But you shouldn't complain when others respect the laws. Maybe someone will sell you his license? It's legally allowed to sell a software license you bought in the EU. So if someone would sell you or donate to you his license ....
Marketplace / Re: Is anyone presently offloading any OS/2 software?
« Last post by Mentore on Today at 08:25:24 am »
I've been building my collection slowly. Have gotten HyperAccess v6 and v7, Describe, DB2. Warp v3 (I wonder what I ever did with my v3 that I got brand new in the 90s!) and v4. Internet Archive has a bunch of ISOs. Also books.. lots of books.

Same goes for me.
I'm about to finish a complete working installation full of production software, ranging from graphics applications to video editing, office software and much more.
Plus, yesterday I finished installing a GCC development suite and already started trying to port some unix software. It's a long road, but the WPS is such a beauty in the ugliness of my windows host.

Mentore
« Last post by Dave Yeo on Today at 05:50:30 am »
It's Martin's site that he has put 24 years into. If he doesn't want people putting abandoned ware product keys on here, we should respect that. The forum has been great for the community and Martin deserves a lot of thanks and respect of his mostly simple rules.
« Last post by jacco123 on Today at 04:40:59 am »
Not really helpful at all to give a working key for a old operating system . It is not for sale anymore and the company does not exist anymore. Why there are people thinks this is piracy ? This is abadonware . Not for sale anymore . I try this system on a old pc . But without a key it is total useless. And i do not buy a old operating system. A shame to give no serial key for a old system . Like winworld.com they has no problem with serials. I ask on winworld for a serial . This place hide against piracy and ibm .come on . Ibm does nothing with os/2 anymore . So whats the problem ?
Applications / Re: Windows Key - Custom Key Combination
« Last post by Martin Iturbide on Today at 02:56:08 am »
Hi Ivan

I tried Win95Key according to your advice. It is interesting, I didn't recall using it on the past even that the name is very familiar.
It worked for me to put the "open folder" command on the LWin button. But I can not make a combination like LWin+E. It only allows combination with Ctrl, Alt or Shift as far as I tested it.

It has some issues that sometimes the configuration screen crashed with you press Windows keys. But I will keep looking, any feedback is welcome.

Regards
Marketplace / Re: Is anyone presently offloading any OS/2 software?
« Last post by christech on March 28, 2024, 10:45:19 pm »
I've been building my collection slowly. Have gotten HyperAccess v6 and v7, Describe, DB2. Warp v3 (I wonder what I ever did with my v3 that I got brand new in the 90s!) and v4. Internet Archive has a bunch of ISOs. Also books.. lots of books.
Networking / Re: apache2.4 configuration
« Last post by David McKenna on March 28, 2024, 09:20:44 pm »
 Greg,

That's what I have been doing:

/* Rexx script to shut down Apache */

pid = linein("logs\httpd.pid")
kill.exe pid

in a CMD file originally installed by AMP for OS/2 way back when. Never tried the apachectl way until you posted. There is an Apache for OS/2 google group you could post on to see if anyone there has experience with apachectl...

Regards,
Applications / Re: Windows Key - Custom Key Combination
« Last post by ivan on March 28, 2024, 07:57:27 pm »
Hi Martin,

Have you tried using win95key to do what you want?  There are quite a number of options there.
Programming / Re: REXX IDE recommendations?
« Last post by Doug Clark on March 28, 2024, 06:20:14 pm »
I know that both NEPM and LxPM do syntax highighting.  Standard EPM may also.  NEPMD will also do syntax completion for multiple languages, including Rexx

LxPM will highlight certain syntax errors as well - including with Rexx.

I believe both allow you to modify the syntax file/language file where you define what elements there are in the language.

LxPM comes in VisualAge C++ version 4.   There is an LxPM in VisualAge C++ v 3 but I don't believe it works on later versions of OS/2.

NEPMD is available from NetLabs
Programming / Re: REXX IDE recommendations?
« Last post by Martin Iturbide on March 28, 2024, 05:15:20 pm »
Just noticed that the link to download MED on the ecSoft/2 site is dead but I did find a valid, working link at:

http://med-editor.com/index.php?lang=de

Tony.

FYI; It is also on Hobbes Archive: http://hobbesarchive.com/?detail=/pub/os2/apps/editors/MED_1-26.zip
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10