Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Programming / Re: Bigicons
« Last post by David Graser on June 16, 2024, 04:48:47 pm »
Unzip and copy to temporary directory.  Then copy them to the theme you which to replaced its setup icons.  If you do not like, copy one of the other setup folder icons sets to replace theme.
Applications / Re: lSwitcher v 2.94
« Last post by Dariusz Piatkowski on June 16, 2024, 02:25:00 pm »
Andy,

Does anyone else have an issue when Ctrl clicking the desktop icon that barely a small highlight shows up and now list of processes to kill?

I assume you meant to say "...and NO list of processes..."?

If yes, correct, that's what I see here as well in the pop-up switching window. This does work for all the other icons of running programs I see however.
Programming / Re: GCC - updates
« Last post by KO Myung-Hun on June 16, 2024, 12:57:47 pm »
Hi/2.

I've found a problem of gcc v12.3.0.

If an output name of the executable is not given, gcc generates a.exe. For example,

Code: [Select]
    gcc test.c

This should generates test.exe not a.exe.

Maybe this change is your intention ? Or a regression ?

Thanks for your work!
Applications / Re: lSwitcher v 2.94
« Last post by Martin Iturbide on June 16, 2024, 02:48:43 am »
Does anyone else have an issue when Ctrl clicking the desktop icon that barely a small highlight shows up and now list of processes to kill?

Hi Andy. I press Alt+tab to show the lswicther menu. I press Ctrl+left click on the desktop icon and I don't see any kind of highlight or any other action occur. Is that the procedure?

Regards
Applications / Re: General Software Testing
« Last post by Martin Iturbide on June 15, 2024, 05:12:35 pm »
Thanks for the Tip Roberto.

I installed ZipControl and it unzipped the file fine. I noticed that it is a DOS software and not OS/2, it works on DOS full screen session. I will repackage it and upload to hobbes /dos/ just to have it there.

Regards
« Last post by roberto on June 15, 2024, 12:22:04 pm »
Martin -- You can open wtih Zip Control ver 2.7.4
David -- Your file is bad, only can see the txt files, the rest is size 0.

This program work well.
This program work with the Caos teory.
Saludos
« Last post by David Graser on June 14, 2024, 11:56:16 pm »
Martin, I unzipped it and zipped it back up again.  Try this zip file.
« Last post by Martin Iturbide on June 14, 2024, 11:35:47 pm »
Hello again.

I'm trying to unzip this file, but it says it has a problem.
- https://ftpmirror.infania.net/sites/pccbbs/misc/chaos.zip

If someone can give it try, or know of an alternative let me know.

Regards
Applications / Re: XWP v1.0.16
« Last post by Martin Iturbide on June 14, 2024, 02:45:03 pm »
In fact, NewView does use the system font setting as its default if (and only if) a user font is not specified. Again, this is as it should be.  Of course, this normally happens only when you first run it after a fresh install. Try deleting newview.ini and then see what happens.  :D

Thanks Alex. I noticed I was using an older release, I updated to Newview 2.19.9 and it "adhere to" to the system font size. I stand corrected.

Regards
Applications / Re: XWP v1.0.16
« Last post by Martin Iturbide on June 14, 2024, 02:36:15 pm »
A distinction needs to be made here between "respect" and "adhere to".  These programs have their own user-customizable font size setting which they use in preference to any others. This is as it should be. 
Thanks Alex for the correction, the right word should be "adhere to", since "respect" may sound aggressive, like if the software is "disrespecting" something and that is not what I mean.  Thanks for helping me find the right word.

Also the idea is not to force or lock the font size of style of the software, it is just to start with the default and let the user change their font style and size if he wants to, like it has always been possible on OS/2. It is always the choice of the developer what font to use, but the idea is just to give a convenience to the user to be able to change the size of all the fonts at once now that XWP has that feature.

Regards
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10