« Last post by Dave Yeo on June 29, 2022, 05:36:41 pm »
Well, we can add -v to the gcc linker line,
Code: [Select]
gcc -Zomf -v  pmhello.obj pmhello1.obj pmhello.def -o pmhello1.exe
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=gcc
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=W:/usr/bin/../libexec/gcc/i686-pc-os2-emx/9/lto-wrapper.exe
Target: i686-pc-os2-emx
Configured with: D:/Users/dmik/rpmbuild/BUILD/gcc-os2-gcc-9_2_0-release-os2-b3/configure --disable-bootstrap --enable-languages=c,c++ --build=i686-pc-os2-emx --with-sysroot=/@unixroot --prefix=/@unixroot/usr --mandir=/@unixroot/usr/share/man --infodir=/@unixroot/usr/share/info --with-bugurl=https://github.com/bitwiseworks/gcc-os2/issues --enable-shared --enable-threads --enable-checking=release --disable-multilib --with-system-zlib --with-gcc-major-version-only --without-isl --with-tune=generic --with-arch=i686 --with-gnu-as --disable-libstdcxx-pch
Thread model: os2
gcc version 9.2.0 20190812 (OS/2 RPM build 9.2.0-5.oc00) (GCC)
COMPILER_PATH=W:/usr/bin/../libexec/gcc/i686-pc-os2-emx/9/;W:/usr/bin/../libexec/gcc/
LIBRARY_PATH=W:/usr/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-pc-os2-emx/9/;W:/usr/bin/../lib/gcc/;W:/usr/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-pc-os2-emx/9/../../../;/@unixroot/usr/lib/
COLLECT_GCC_OPTIONS='-Zomf' '-v' '-o' 'pmhello1.exe' '-mtune=generic' '-march=i686'
 emxomfld.exe -o pmhello1.exe W:/usr/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-pc-os2-emx/9/../../../crt0.obj -LW:/usr/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-pc-os2-emx/9 -LW:/usr/bin/../lib/gcc -LW:/usr/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-pc-os2-emx/9/../../.. -L/@unixroot/usr/lib pmhello.obj pmhello1.obj pmhello.def -lgcc_so_d -lc_alias -lc_dll -los2 -lend
COLLECT_GCC_OPTIONS='-Zomf' '-v' '-o' 'pmhello1.exe' '-mtune=generic' '-march=i686'

And could use the above emxomfld command line with the drive letter fixed for your system
Programming / Re: Compiling a PM sample with GCC
« Last post by Lars on June 29, 2022, 02:13:18 pm »
The problem is a bit convoluted as it is intransparent how the gcc shell eventually calls the system linker (be it LINK386, ILINK or WLINK) when you do this:

gcc -Zomf pmhello.obj pmhello3.obj pmhello.def -o pmhello3.exe

In any case, it appears that the gcc shell always calls the system linker with NO apptype argument at all which in turn defaults to WINDOWCOMPAT. The def file in turn properly tells the linker that the app type is WINDOWAPI. It is the system linker that then issues the warning about apptype mismatch.

It's nothing to worry about and in fact you can direct ILINK to ignore that warning and not issue it.
« Last post by Dave Yeo on June 29, 2022, 02:26:39 am »
Hi Martin, the warning is from ilink it seems, which doesn't seem to handle WINDOWCOMPAT or doesn't like how it is being called. From the Tools Reference from the toolkit,
If <apptype> is given, it defines the type of application:

WINDOWAPI
Presentation Manager* application. The application uses the API provided by the Presentation Manager and must be executed in the Presentation Manager environment.

WINDOWCOMPAT
Application compatible with Presentation Manager. The application can run inside the Presentation Manager, or it can run in a separate screen group. An application can be of this type if it uses the proper subset of OS/2 video, keyboard, and mouse functions supported in the Presentation Manager applications.

NOTWINDOWCOMPAT
Application that is not compatible with the Presentation Manager and must operate in a separate screen group from the Presentation Manager.

OK, looking at the error LNK4072, it means
L4072 changing application type from oldname to newname
Explanation:  The application type specified with /PMTYPE is different from that in .DEF file. LINK386 is using the application type indicated.
Action:  Edit the file and relink.

So somewhere there are conflicts between WINDOWAPI and WINDOWCOMPAT, possibly it is emxomfld causing it but search your source for both.
« Last post by Martin Iturbide on June 29, 2022, 01:30:15 am »
Hi

I got some time today and I wanted to keep compiling some little PM samples. I had restarted my test with "PMHELLO".

My Dev enviroment is back in business and I was able to compile the sample with these warnings.

gcc -Wall -Zomf -c -O2 pmhello.c -o pmhello.obj
gcc -Wall -Zomf -c -O2 pmhello1.c -o pmhello1.obj
gcc -Zomf pmhello.obj pmhello1.obj pmhello.def -o pmhello1.exe
E:\projects\SamplePack\TEST\PM-PMHELLOb1\PMHELLO.DEF(3) : warning LNK4072: changing application type from WINDOWCOMPAT to WINDOWAPI
gcc -Wall -Zomf -c -O2 pmhello2.c -o pmhello2.obj
gcc -Zomf pmhello.obj pmhello2.obj pmhello.def -o pmhello2.exe
E:\projects\SamplePack\TEST\PM-PMHELLOb1\PMHELLO.DEF(3) : warning LNK4072: changing application type from WINDOWCOMPAT to WINDOWAPI
gcc -Wall -Zomf -c -O2 pmhello3.c -o pmhello3.obj
gcc -Zomf pmhello.obj pmhello3.obj pmhello.def -o pmhello3.exe

Just as a reminder I'm using:
- ArcaOS   - Verion 5.0.7
- RC    - Version 4.00.011 Oct 10 2000
- gcc      - gcc (GCC) 9.2.0 20190812 (OS/2 RPM build 9.2.0-5.oc00)
- make    - Version 3.81 k2 (2017-11-10)
- ilinker     - Version 5.0

Is this warning related to the linker? or gcc?

Regards
Internet / Re: lost in Hobbes
« Last post by Martin Iturbide on June 28, 2022, 09:07:37 pm »
automatically, to the requested directory. So where is the problem ?

Hi Lars. This is the second time that Martin uploads the file. The first time it disappeared, but now it worked.

Regards
« Last post by Lars on June 28, 2022, 02:45:57 pm »
Meshell-os2.wpi has been moved to:

https://hobbes.nmsu.edu/download/pub/os2/util/shell/meshell-os2.wpi

automatically, to the requested directory. So where is the problem ?
[...] it is a bit strange, because both printers are PS printers.
Guessing here, but probably one of the PS drivers simply generates simpler, more compatible (and verbose!) PS code with bitmap font replacements and such. Sub-optimal for producing PDFs, but there should be no noticeable difference in output when actually printing at the right resolution.
« Last post by Heikki Kekki on June 27, 2022, 10:53:26 am »
NFTP PM is also a very convenient way to get photo files from Android phone.
Hi Martin,

If your printers are real postscript printers I would think your best way forward would be to use the PSPRINT driver with the PPD for each printer imported.  That is what I have done for my two Brother Laser printers (DCP-9020cdw and HL-3170cdw with the DCP being available for scanning).  They also work from my Linux Mint computers.
Doing it that way cuts out the messing about with CUPS.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10