Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Networking / Re: VNC to Ubuntu LTS
« Last post by Andy Willis on Today at 02:06:50 am »
I don't know what desktop Ubuntu LTS uses.

Interestingly, /bin/startx already has unset DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS
Interesting... I had not remembered adding it there myself but could not remember where all I had but having recalled I had put it somewhere else than just the ~/.vnc/startup I had done a grep searching it out and finding it in /bin/startx figured I must have.  Can't say for sure now if I did or did not.
Programming / Re: Bigicons
« Last post by David Graser on May 13, 2024, 07:52:24 pm »
This folder scheme idea was taken from the Linux Yaru Colors theme.

This theme uses multi colors as the theme was originally created for.
Hardware / Re: OS/2 for Industrial Use
« Last post by Martin Iturbide on May 13, 2024, 06:57:35 pm »
https://roos.com/software.html

Thanks for the link.  It has a good screenshot of the OS/2 software running.

It says:
Accurate measurements are made not only by using the right equipment, but also employing the right practices. The software environment dynamically builds VNA, spectrum analyzer, and power meter functionality from the instrument configuration and resource interconnections. Combined with a code base of over 30 years of microwave test and measurement experience, Cassini delivers streamlined multi-instrument test in a simple, more powerful test work flow. This expert system software enables a user to design and execute sophisticated microwave measurements accurately and reliably every time.

And there is a link to the Cassini 16 device brochure: https://roos.com/parts/CASSINI/$file/CASSINI.pdf

I don't know if I'm over simplifying it, but I think this device is to test wireless devices, I don't know if chipsets or full devices. Looks that is tests frequencies from 0 to 90Ghz.

Maybe this is out of my league to understand. I want to know if the Cassini 16 device can be managed/administrated with OS/2. Or the Cassini device is a stand alone device and the "RI System Software - Desktop (Cassini Virtual Workstation & OS License)" (that comes in a OVA with ArcaOS) it is to interpret the testing data.

Regards

PD: By the way, this is only for fun to add more things to the Wiki page. I don't know about wireless frequencies, I don't work on that field.
- https://www.os2world.com/wiki/index.php?title=OS/2_Related_Industrial_Machinery
Programming / Re: Bigicons
« Last post by David Graser on May 13, 2024, 04:35:31 pm »
This folder scheme idea was taken from the Linux Yaru Colors theme.
« Last post by Roderick Klein on May 13, 2024, 03:54:57 pm »
Universal instruments from the US uses/used(?) OS/2 on there chip machines.
« Last post by Neil Waldhauer on May 13, 2024, 03:27:26 pm »
I visited him at his shop a few years ago and sold him an eComStation computer. He seemed very interested in Parallel ports. He makes Automated Test Equipment, but he didn't reveal much about his customers.
Programming / Re: Development Help with INF2Html
« Last post by Jochen Schäfer on May 13, 2024, 08:24:35 am »
The generated HTML for the lists is completely wrong. You don't put <ul> inside <ul>.
You have to do something like the following:
Code: [Select]
<ul>
  <li>WC_BUTTON<br/>
Consists of buttons and boxes that the operator can select by clicking the pointing device or using the keyboard. These messages are described in <a href="...">Button Control Window Processing.</a>
  </li>
</ul>
you can also try to wrap the explanation in <p> making it its own paragraph, then you don't need the <br/>. But I  don't know ATM how that would look.

« Last post by Neil Waldhauer on May 13, 2024, 05:14:16 am »
I don't know what desktop Ubuntu LTS uses.

Interestingly, /bin/startx already has unset DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS
« Last post by Andy Willis on May 13, 2024, 01:07:04 am »
Neil,
For the black screen, you may need to add:
unset DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS
to ~/.vnc/xstartup

I just recalled, I actually placed it in 3 files as it did not work for me in the xstartup (for some it does)
I also had created a ~/.xsession  wherein I added it as the first line and also in in /bin/startx
as I recall, here I needed it for both vnc and rdp (I understand the need for it may depend on the desktop in use... I use mate).
« Last post by Remy on May 12, 2024, 11:31:18 pm »
Hello

Just today a community member sent me a link about a different industrial device that uses ArcaOS.
But I don't understand right if it is a device for wireless testing and what exactly it does.

It sell a product that bundles ArcaOS on a VirtualBox OVA and I guess with their software:
- Cassini Virtual Workstation & OS License
- https://roos.com/parts/RIK0126A
It is used for "offline development" but I have no idea what is that for.

The site has good tutorials to support their product with ArcaOS, like:
- Configuring TCP/IP Settings on Cassini EPC (OS/2, eCS, ArcOS)
- Update to the latest Firefox web browser (ArcaOS)

Any ideas to explain me better what are they selling?

Regards

https://roos.com/software.html
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10