Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10
Programming / Re: Xpdf v. 4.01
« Last post by Dave Yeo on March 27, 2024, 10:57:32 pm »
Here's the full release version including the crashing xpdf.exe. 7z sure compresses this better, almost 80% improvement. Built with no patches, just the cmake arguments I posted to Paul.
« Last post by Per E. Johannessen on March 27, 2024, 10:37:14 pm »
Thanks a lot, Dave.

I've only tried pdftotext so far. This version also seems to work fine from VX-Rexx.
Applications / Re: eCs 1.x & SmartSuite
« Last post by Roderick Klein on March 27, 2024, 10:34:36 pm »
Hi all,

I am reinstalling my ArcaOS VM and some of my eCS-originating programs..

1. Does anyone remember on which eCS CD SmartSuite was located, and for which versions of eCS (before it was replaced by openoffice)?

2. Someone has uploaded the 3 CDs of eCS 1.0 to Archive.org. This is the US version, when the one I bought at that time was the version with the CDs made by Mensys (in their usual green cardboard pouch). What are the known differences between both versions?

3. At the time (must have been around 2000-2001), I had ordered eCS early enough to get a sort of 1CD beta before the final one was released. I remember it also had some programs that did not make it to the final one. Anyone has any idea ?

4. I started making/keeping the ISOs of all eCS versions to which I had access since 1.1, but I am missing the ISOs of the beta and of 1.0, and I lost the CDs. 7 years ago, when I emailed Mensys about the inability to redownload my CDs, Menso answered

“I am sorry to say that our download system is currently in maintenance. We are working on it!

I have forwarded your e-mail to info@ecomstation.com. They will send you a quote for the latest version of eComStation.”
Needless to say, the eCS download system never got out of “maintenance” and the forwarded request was never answered. Would someone have ISOs of the Mensys-version of eCS 1.0, and if possible of the preceding beta?

Thanks !

I worked on eCS 1.0, 1.1 1,2, 2.0., 2.1 and 2.2 beta at Mensys. I left in 2013. Some of the exact revision history of the early 1.0. beta's I think is just lost forever.
This was done by Serenity Systems in conjunction with Mensys from the Netherlands. But most of the early beta's where polished up MCP 1 versions.
The real improvement came with eCS 1.0. with the installer. The phase 1 installer was pretty good but phase 2 (when booted from hard disk, was well, uuuhm, horrible).

eCS 1.1 got a complete new installer backend and frontend.
In 2013 eCS was purchsed by Xeu and I did not work there anymore.  I think the current download systems of eCS might contain 1.2R and 2.1 and eCS 2.2 beta II.
The rest of the other stuff is possibly lost. As in its most likely not online in the old archives. I do not know 100% certain.

As for Smartsuite that was on CD number 3.

If you want more info on early beta's drop be private email roderickklein at xs4all.nl.
(I do not read the forums daily).

Roderick
Programming / Re: REXX IDE recommendations?
« Last post by RTAN on March 27, 2024, 10:10:26 pm »
Thanks Tony!
« Last post by Dave Yeo on March 27, 2024, 10:00:19 pm »
Yes, as long as the correct qmake is in front of the PATH.
At some point could you get a devel package of Qt6 together?
Edit: My cmake line, run from build
Code: [Select]
cmake -DXPDFWIDGET_PRINTING=OFF -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release ..
« Last post by Paul Smedley on March 27, 2024, 09:44:24 pm »
Built xdpf.exe by disabling printing like Windows does. Unluckily it crashes with a sigsegv in qt5core.dll

Can it build against qt6?
« Last post by Dave Yeo on March 27, 2024, 09:23:12 pm »
Built xdpf.exe by disabling printing like Windows does. Unluckily it crashes with a sigsegv in qt5core.dll
« Last post by Dave Yeo on March 27, 2024, 08:54:46 pm »
Tried building 4.05, seems we are missing some printer support. Linking xpdf.exe is missing,
Code: [Select]
W:\usr\local\src\xpdf-4.05\build> __Z8printPDFP6PDFDocP8QPrinteriiP10XpdfWidget
printPDF(PDFDoc*, QPrinter*, int, int, XpdfWidget*)

I'll examine more. Here's the command line tools that did build.
Edit, removed the command line tools in favour of the ones posted down the page.
Programming / Xpdf v. 4.01
« Last post by Per E. Johannessen on March 27, 2024, 08:04:21 pm »
Noticed this post;

https://www.os2world.com/forum/index.php?topic=2162.0

Does anymone know if the v. 4.01 cmdline tools for OS/2 are available anywhere?
Applications / eCs 1.x & SmartSuite
« Last post by Glenn on March 27, 2024, 04:50:02 pm »
Hi all,

I am reinstalling my ArcaOS VM and some of my eCS-originating programs..

1. Does anyone remember on which eCS CD SmartSuite was located, and for which versions of eCS (before it was replaced by openoffice)?

2. Someone has uploaded the 3 CDs of eCS 1.0 to Archive.org. This is the US version, when the one I bought at that time was the version with the CDs made by Mensys (in their usual green cardboard pouch). What are the known differences between both versions?

3. At the time (must have been around 2000-2001), I had ordered eCS early enough to get a sort of 1CD beta before the final one was released. I remember it also had some programs that did not make it to the final one. Anyone has any idea ?

4. I started making/keeping the ISOs of all eCS versions to which I had access since 1.1, but I am missing the ISOs of the beta and of 1.0, and I lost the CDs. 7 years ago, when I emailed Mensys about the inability to redownload my CDs, Menso answered

“I am sorry to say that our download system is currently in maintenance. We are working on it!

I have forwarded your e-mail to info@ecomstation.com. They will send you a quote for the latest version of eComStation.”
Needless to say, the eCS download system never got out of “maintenance” and the forwarded request was never answered. Would someone have ISOs of the Mensys-version of eCS 1.0, and if possible of the preceding beta?

Thanks !
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10