Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Setup & Installation / Re: Ecomstation 1.0
« Last post by Martin Iturbide on March 27, 2024, 02:56:28 pm »
Hi Neil

Did you notice that ecomstation.com is still on-line?

Just to add something, yesterday when I replied to jacco123, I tried to visit ecomstation.com and it was not working. I guessed that it was gone for good, but now I realize the website is still there. I stand corrected.

Regards
« Last post by Neil Waldhauer on March 27, 2024, 01:47:32 pm »
Did you notice that ecomstation.com is still on-line?
Programming / Re: REXX IDE recommendations?
« Last post by RTAN on March 27, 2024, 09:54:39 am »
Thanks Dariusz, I'll add that one to my "look at" list as well!
Marketplace / Re: Is anyone presently offloading any OS/2 software?
« Last post by RTAN on March 27, 2024, 09:53:44 am »
Thanks Martin, I have a Facebook account but hardly ever use it. I'll see if I can find any OS/2 groups on there.
« Last post by Mentore on March 27, 2024, 08:36:49 am »
Hello . I found this https://xxxxxxxxxxx

But it ask for a serial number by the end of instalation fase 1 . Without a key i cannot further.
Have somebody a working key?
The ecomstation 1.0 is now a old system . I cannot buy it anymore . The company does not exist.

Hello jacco,
as much as I'd like to help you, fact is eComStation is still an OS/2 version and, as such, protected by law.
Since IBM never stated it can be downloaded and installed freely, the best course of action is to avoid trying pirate installations.

Mentore
« Last post by Martin Iturbide on March 27, 2024, 02:08:03 am »
Hello jacco123

You may be right, but I prefer not getting OS2World into trouble. I prefer not to share any software key of abandonware on the forums without explicit and documented (email) permission from the author.
I don't want to risk the 24 years that OS2World had been online a for a simple product key.

Regards

« Last post by Dariusz Piatkowski on March 27, 2024, 01:23:38 am »
Does anyone have a recommendation for a REXX IDE, and preferably one that runs on traditional OS/2 (i.e as opposed to one that needs the libraries included with ArcaOS)?

IDE is perhaps the wrong word, I really just mean something that has good syntax highlighting or can even highlight errors...

My personal favourite is VSE (Visual SlickEdit). The only problem being: commercial software that was never released to the public domain after the OS/2 version releases were stopped.

Having said that, look around and you'll find it. The benefit, serious amount of not just syntax highlighting, but the abilityt organize things into Projects, etc, etc.

Truly a programmer's editor!
Marketplace / Re: Is anyone presently offloading any OS/2 software?
« Last post by Martin Iturbide on March 27, 2024, 01:12:42 am »
Hi Richard

It's great that you want to have an OS/2 collection.
I have seen some posts from time to time of people wanting to sell or even give away for free some OS/2 goods on Facebook. I don't know if you hang out on that social network.

Regards
Marketplace / Is anyone presently offloading any OS/2 software?
« Last post by RTAN on March 26, 2024, 10:08:22 pm »
Hi all,

I recently posted here about a few very specific OS/2 applications I was looking for.

I'm actually trying to build my collection of OS/2 editions and applications so if anyone has *any* OS/2 editions or any other OS/2 software that they're thinking about selling (but want to avoid the pain that is eBay) then please direct-message me, either now or at any time in the future.

For example I know that Sigurd recently posted some box photos of WSEB but I expect you're not interested in selling that are you Sigurd??? :-)

Thanks all,
Richard.
« Last post by RTAN on March 26, 2024, 08:28:06 pm »
Thanks very much for everyone's replies. I've been experimenting with VisPro REXX but didn't realise it actually did syntax highlighting so I'll take another look at that.

I've wanted to get my hands on VX-REXX for a long time but it hasn't come up on eBay for as long as I've been looking, and I can't find anyone else wanting to sell a copy :-(

I'll take a look at all the other suggestions here and I really appreciate people taking the time to give some feedback and input - thank you!

Richard.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10