Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10
Applications / Re: XWP v1.0.16
« Last post by Pete on April 10, 2024, 08:40:25 pm »
Hi Rich

The joy of the full version is (used to be?) that it starts with no features enabled and the user selects what they want.

I guess in future the user will simply have to select what they want and deselect anything they do not want...

Regards

Pete

Programming / Re: ArcaOS - Recreate a complete build environment?
« Last post by Dave Yeo on April 10, 2024, 04:56:14 pm »
You can also create a config.site file in $PREFIX/share, usually /usr/local/share/config.site. Mine for Mozilla, or IIRC, where %CONFIG_SITE% points.
Code: [Select]
export CFLAGS=-Zomf
export CXXFLAGS=-Zomf
export ASFLAGS=-Zomf
export 'CPPFLAGS=-idirafter w:/usr/include/os2tk45'
export 'LIBS=-lcx -Zomf'

The -idirafter is to search the toolkit for includes after the usual locations such as /@unixroot/usr/include.
« Last post by Dave Yeo on April 10, 2024, 04:44:34 pm »
This thread is immensely useful and a great complement (or replacement) to BitWise Works wiki page on how to build qt5 (https://github.com/bitwiseworks/qt5-os2/wiki/Developers#building-qt)

Considering there's an official developer page through EDM2, perhaps the very first article should be "how to get started", with this information? Also, should anyone have a script to automate some of this yak shaving setup, it could reduce the friction that many hobbyist developers have to face when approaching OS/2 development...

Hi,
If I'm not wrong most of it is already covered in some other places of these forums. Yet I must say I'm doing much research (in my almost zero spare time) to try and get up-and-running in as few steps as possible.

I'll try to gather and organize as much information as possible and try to contribute to what has already been written. Ad EDM/2 column would be really useful (provided it doesn't already exist!).

Mentore

Quoting myself because I came across an interesting problem.
If I try to set variables like CFLAGS like this

set CFLAGS=-O2 -g

configure and autoreconf work correctly. But I can't set options like -march or -mtune. If I try to set these in double quotes as in

set CFLAGS="-O2 -g -march=generic"

even after autoreconf, configure fails giving me troubles in gcc, gxx and cpp - even if I tweak the script.
How can I include -march / -mtune and similar options?
This happens also if I try to use export directive in a shell script...

Mentore

Try,
sh configure 'CFLAGS=-O2 -g -march=generic' 'LDFLAGS=-Zomf -Zhigh-mem'
« Last post by Jochen Schäfer on April 10, 2024, 02:00:31 pm »
I use double quotes in the environment variables, too.

PS: "Couldn't build executables" is configure's answer to the compiler erroring out.
In configure.log everything is logged. You can see, how the compiler gets called by configure and what answer it gets.
« Last post by Mentore on April 10, 2024, 11:45:51 am »
What error message do the compilers give you?

It's not a compiler error, instead it's configure complaining that the compiler found "can't produce executables". If I set the environment variables without double quotes everything works perfectly (I just finished libfftw-3.3.10).

But, if I don't use double quotes, I can't put -march or -mtune in a CMD file or a shell script.

Mentore
« Last post by Jochen Schäfer on April 10, 2024, 11:24:17 am »
What error message do the compilers give you?
« Last post by Mentore on April 10, 2024, 11:11:56 am »
This thread is immensely useful and a great complement (or replacement) to BitWise Works wiki page on how to build qt5 (https://github.com/bitwiseworks/qt5-os2/wiki/Developers#building-qt)

Considering there's an official developer page through EDM2, perhaps the very first article should be "how to get started", with this information? Also, should anyone have a script to automate some of this yak shaving setup, it could reduce the friction that many hobbyist developers have to face when approaching OS/2 development...

Hi,
If I'm not wrong most of it is already covered in some other places of these forums. Yet I must say I'm doing much research (in my almost zero spare time) to try and get up-and-running in as few steps as possible.

I'll try to gather and organize as much information as possible and try to contribute to what has already been written. Ad EDM/2 column would be really useful (provided it doesn't already exist!).

Mentore

Quoting myself because I came across an interesting problem.
If I try to set variables like CFLAGS like this

set CFLAGS=-O2 -g

configure and autoreconf work correctly. But I can't set options like -march or -mtune. If I try to set these in double quotes as in

set CFLAGS="-O2 -g -march=generic"

even after autoreconf, configure fails giving me troubles in gcc, gxx and cpp - even if I tweak the script.
How can I include -march / -mtune and similar options?
This happens also if I try to use export directive in a shell script...

Mentore
« Last post by Mentore on April 10, 2024, 08:08:09 am »

Hi,

Mentore
« Last post by SoundChaser on April 10, 2024, 12:38:24 am »

Applications / Re: XWP v1.0.16
« Last post by Rich Walsh on April 09, 2024, 07:19:40 pm »
XWP full does not enable by default the "Enable global object hotkeys".

I made the mistake of assuming it did, and that the settings on the Icon page would be disabled if the feature were disabled - neither of which was true. I've now fixed both.

In doing so, I found a bigger issue: XWP-Full starts with fewer features enabled than XWP-Lite/ANXWP. Since nothing in Lite is risky/experimental/controversial, I can't see any reason why Full shouldn't default to the same feature set as Lite. In the next version (1.0.17), it will. All the checkboxes will remain, only the ones that are checked by default will change.

BTW... this only affects new installations - upgrades will use your existing settings and shouldn't change anything.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10