Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Utilities / Re: MeShell commandline frontend timetable
« Last post by Dariusz Piatkowski on Today at 10:20:04 pm »
Wendy,

I just recently looked into this shell overlay you developed, very promising!

There are a couple of issues I'm running into, but before I report on those I am trying to troubleshoot further (this is the START of the application, and how the VIO window is auto-recognized thus causing the started task to pop to the foreground - I have numerous utils for which this simply does not happen at all, and attempting to manipulate the various config options simply leave the background VIO window in a hung state).

Anyways, in the meantime, question re: Copy/Paste functionality. It would appear that your MeShell disables this in the normal CMD windows, is that correct?

Specifically, I use the simplified Copy/Paste implmented by Xit utility (which is bound to the LEFT and RIGHT mouse buttons). MeShell has Xit disabled (as that was causing problems with your app - it would not start), however for reasons I cannot tell, my regular CLI sessions no longer have the Xit provided Copy/Paste functionality.

That's kind of a "deal-breaker" here...is that what you really intended to do?

Thanks!
Setup & Installation / Re: YUM default platform setting
« Last post by Martin Vieregg on Today at 09:45:36 pm »
I have tried now the SMT setting in the BIOS (advanced - CPU). ArcaOS has got still the four pulse graphs. So it seems that SMT and Hyperthreading is the same indeed.
Storage / Re: exFat or FAT32 ?
« Last post by Martin Vieregg on Today at 09:17:45 pm »
I have got ArcaOS 5.0.2 and have installed a FAT32.IFS Netlabs driver (0.10-r384)
« Last post by Martin Vieregg on Today at 09:09:32 pm »
I only found a switch to turn off SMT. But if I understand right, this is not the same. Symmetric Multi Threading means several cores are used for one thread each, and Hyperthreading means two threads are running on the same core. Is that right? Of course I still want to use all my cores.
« Last post by ivan on Today at 07:40:36 pm »
I found the easiest way to turn off hyperthreading was to go into the UEFI bios and do it there. once done it stays done but can be very hard to find,
At least, "firefox-31.8.0.en-us.os2.beta_5-wpi.wpi" still works.
« Last post by Martin Vieregg on Today at 05:36:14 pm »
One of the upgrade steps changes your platform from i686 to pentium4.

But on the computer working fine which shows still "i686", I did make also the same (all) upgrade steps.
There's perhaps one week time difference. Can it happen that in this week, such minor changes were made on the server?

I can also try to copy the directories
Code: [Select]
usr/* var/* etc/* sys/*from the fine working installtion to the problem installation.
I hope that all information about the system drive is stored in environment variables, because the drive letters are different.
Comments, Suggestions & Questions / Re: Hobbes (Files) Reoganization
« Last post by Dave Yeo on Today at 04:31:32 pm »
Hi Martin, missed this.
For the name of the directory, either of your ideas seems fine.
As for which versions. I guess if you want to trim older ones, I'd keep at least the 38ESR and the 45ESR various versions as there still seems to be people who prefer SM 2.35 at least and they still work. Older versions are getting useless as they don't support new enough encryption.
« Last post by Dave Yeo on Today at 04:26:24 pm »
Hi Martin, you will have to turn off the hyperthreading on the command line of ACPI, not the simplest thing to do as yo have to figure out which cores are real and which are fake and use a bitmask to only use the real ones. First try adding /CPUMASK=1 to the PSD line in config.sys to test with only one CPU. If OO now works on the problem system, that will tell you it is a hyperthreading problem.
The PSD documentation is under x:\sys\docs\ACPI as psd_en.pdf. See the ACPI command line section. You might have to open an issue to get help.
As for the i686 vs Pentium 4 thing, Bitwise seems to be guiding us to Pentium 4 systems to support the new browser. As Neil said, more to come.
« Last post by Neil Waldhauer on Today at 03:33:08 pm »
You have to upgrade carefully this time with yum. I'm waiting for instructions from Arca Noae or BitWise how to do it.

One of the upgrade steps changes your platform from i686 to pentium4.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10