Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Programming / Re: Dive: Why does not this work
« Last post by Flashback on Today at 06:28:12 pm »
I seem to remember, that DIVE doesn't like 'BGR4'. Try to set up your source buffer as 'BGR3'. Also I don't see, where 'fccColorFormat' is initialized.
Programming / Dive: Why does not this work
« Last post by Jochen Schäfer on Today at 08:24:42 am »
I'm trying to use pure OS/2 for ClassiCube instead the much unsupported SDL2 window system (it even has a big #error Don't use it sign at the entry).
So I'm trying to use DIVE, but all I get is the frame window and the background in it. When I move the window around, the background stays in it, i.e. nothing gets drawn.
I looked at the SDL implementation and the Toolkit samples, but I can't understand, what's wrong with my code.

If somebody please can take a look at the attached code give me some hints. I think the ClassiCube code is well structured and understandable, but if you have questions about ask me.

Thanks
Comments, Suggestions & Questions / Re: Hobbes (Files) Reoganization
« Last post by ivan on Today at 07:53:45 am »
Hi Martin,

Sorry if I have upset you but in my 35+ years of using OS/2 I have found that people using it are generally not interested in the nuts and bolts of the OS, their main concern is 'does it do the job they want and do it efficiently'.  If it doesn't they will change it to something that does do what they want, in fact that is why I started using OS/2, it left windows for dead.

The other thing I must congratulate you for your zeal in trying to keep OS/2 alive when others have said that it is dead - it is not.  I use it every day to write and edit stories and manuals which gives me something to do rather than shuffling off into oblivion.  In my 80 odd years I may have become a bit short with some people and the fact that education appears to be going backwards especially in STEM subjects - is that why bridges fall down when they have a little bump and aircraft fall apart?
« Last post by Martin Iturbide on April 17, 2024, 05:31:53 pm »
Hi Martin,

I think you are not thinking clearly.  Not everyone knows if a windows program is 16bit or 32bit so dividing up that way makes it harder for users to find something that might be useful.

Most people using computers today don't know the internal workings, to them it is just a tool to do a job or play a game.

Hi Ivan

When you start a message saying "you are not thinking clearly", even if it is your personal opinion, it blocks the perception of your interlocutor. I haven't made any value judgment of your way of thinking or personality in the past.

I think it is not as bad as you specify it. The directories have a text description of what it includes, and it is not a critical directory as /pub/os2. 

What do you suggest?,  just don't splitting it and keep everything in /pub/widows ?

Regards
« Last post by ivan on April 17, 2024, 04:08:50 pm »
Hi Martin,

I think you are not thinking clearly.  Not everyone knows if a windows program is 16bit or 32bit so dividing up that way makes it harder for users to find something that might be useful.

Most people using computers today don't know the internal workings, to them it is just a tool to do a job or play a game.
« Last post by Tiny Frogware on April 17, 2024, 04:01:50 pm »
I find it odd that all that all the no votes were sent privately to him. Possible yes, reasonable maybe, believable....not to me. But that's just me.
« Last post by Martin Iturbide on April 17, 2024, 02:32:16 pm »
Thanks Mike.

I posted the idea on the "Warp Mailinglist" and Nathan decided to take a vote on it.
- https://warp.groups.io/g/main/topic/hobbes_archive_directories/105565793?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate/sticky,,,20,2,0,105565793

It is not doing good. 7 for "I"'s (In Favor) and  13 for "Nay"'s (Not in favor)
People voting against it are not posting it directly, just a direct email to Nathan, so I don't know the reasons. I found it odd since it is a very insignificant change.

Regards

Applications / RPM Repository: IBM OS/2 Toolkit.
« Last post by Martin Iturbide on April 17, 2024, 12:16:01 am »
Hello

I know that some components of the IBM OS/2 Toolkit are already on the Netlabs RPM.
But I was wondering if the sc.exe compiler and nmake.exe can be included as "os2tk45" packages.

Or if David's repackage of the "IBM OS/2 Toolkit" has something updated/improved that can be of interest to be includes on the "os2tk45" packages. (https://88watts.net/dlfile.php?F=Os2Tk45-)

The dream is just to have run some "yum install" command have a complete IBM OS/2 Toolkit on your dev system.

Regards
Games / Re: PrBoom+
« Last post by Martin Iturbide on April 16, 2024, 07:07:52 pm »
Hi Jochen,

Got it working - didn't realize I needed to install the Doom.wad file separately (it was included in your first alpha version). It works great, sound and mouse work well, everything worked that I tried... nice work, thanks!

Regards,
Hello

Just by anyone wondering, the shareware WAD of Doom is available to the public. (You can get the WAD shareware here)

Regards
Games / Re: PrBoom+
« Last post by Jochen Schäfer on April 16, 2024, 03:43:44 pm »
On GOG, you can get the full games for little money.
Just extract the WADs, put them in one of the wad directories, and you're good to go.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10