Hi Martin,

I was thinking of something along the lines of http://www.os2site.com/sw/
Networking / Re: Updated Samba Client
« Last post by Paul Smedley on February 25, 2024, 08:54:15 pm »
This is a side effect of me trying to fix 'net RPC user'
Comments, Suggestions & Questions / Re: Hobbes (Files) Reoganization
« Last post by Martin Iturbide on February 25, 2024, 08:03:18 pm »
1) /pub/os2/util/wpsenh (?) - For WPS (GUI) Enhancers
If "/pub/os2/util/wpsenh" gets confused with WPS Classes enhacements, what could be a good name for it?
- "/pub/os2/util/guienh" ? or just full "/pub/os2/util/GUIEnhancers", "/pub/os2/util/DeskEnhancers", or just "/pub/os2/util/desktop"?

Regards
« Last post by Martin Iturbide on February 25, 2024, 07:01:04 pm »
Hi Lars.
"wpsenh" makes no sense as every WPS class enhances the WPS. That is the nature of every WPS class.

A Desktop Enhancer is not neccesary a WPS class enhancer. I think Styler does not mess at all with WPS classes. I wanted to make it more focused on "Desktop Enhancers".

For me "/pub/os2/util/wps" means more of software utilities related to WPS (and the GUI), that can replace/affect WPS classes or not. But it is open to discussion.

Regards
« Last post by Martin Iturbide on February 25, 2024, 06:57:13 pm »
Hi Ivan

It appears that you are making it much too complicated to find anything with your reorganisation.  Use the 'keep it simple' idea, that way people can just look through the main division , see what is there and select what they want without needing a deep knowledge of OS/2.  Your system assumes that everyone has a deep knowledge of the inner workings of the OS (I have been using OS/2 since version 1.20 and I would be lost with your system.  Most people using it just want it to work, people just trying it out expect to be just able to select something to try without having to know the inner workings).

Just let me know your suggestions on how to "keep it simple". Just take your time.

Reards
Applications / Re: Test build of dooble with qt5
« Last post by Tom on February 25, 2024, 05:45:26 pm »
Tom thank yo for providing this for testing. I have found that Dobble runs multimedia much better in Windows than Otter or Falcon. Although Windows 11 security balks at the exe. AAnd it runs better than Dobble QT5 in Arca OS.

I didn't build this - this build comes from the creator of Dooble (textbrowser). I only passed along the link where it could be found.

That it runs better than the OS/2 port is not surprising: the OS/2 port of Qt is far from complete, and that is the basis for the OS/2 port of Dooble.
Networking / Re: Updated Samba Client
« Last post by David McKenna on February 25, 2024, 03:42:20 pm »
Thanks Paul!

This 4.19.5 server seems to perform about the same as the 4.19.4 version, except WINBINDD will not start - log ends with this message:

[2024/02/25 09:07:58.200000,  5] ../../librpc/rpc/dcesrv_core.c:430(dcesrv_interface_register_b)
  dcesrv_interface_register_b: Interface 'winbind' registered on endpoint 'ncalrpc:' (single process required)
[2024/02/25 09:07:58.200000,  1] ../../source3/winbindd/winbindd.c:1038(winbindd_setup_listeners)
  lp_winbindd_socket_directory() = \socket\winbindd, WINBINDD_SOCKET_NAME = pipe
[2024/02/25 09:07:58.200000,  0] ../../lib/util/util.c:225(directory_create_or_exist)
  directory_create_or_exist: mkdir failed on directory \socket\winbindd: No such file or directory
[2024/02/25 09:07:58.200000,  0] ../../lib/util/become_daemon.c:123(exit_daemon)
  exit_daemon: daemon failed to start: Winbindd failed to setup listeners, error code 32

Didn't we see something like this before?

Regards,

EDIT: added net rpc user log for comparison...
« Last post by ivan on February 25, 2024, 02:48:06 pm »
It appears that you are making it much too complicated to find anything with your reorganisation.  Use the 'keep it simple' idea, that way people can just look through the main division , see what is there and select what they want without needing a deep knowledge of OS/2.  Your system assumes that everyone has a deep knowledge of the inner workings of the OS (I have been using OS/2 since version 1.20 and I would be lost with your system.  Most people using it just want it to work, people just trying it out expect to be just able to select something to try without having to know the inner workings).
« Last post by Lars on February 25, 2024, 09:27:06 am »
"wpsenh" makes no sense as every WPS class enhances the WPS. That is the nature of every WPS class.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10