Author Topic: The new browser / QT5  (Read 71366 times)

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
Re: The new browser / QT5
« Reply #75 on: January 06, 2021, 10:03:55 pm »
Interesting article on Qt.... https://devclass.com/2021/01/05/qt-lts-5_15/

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 06, 2021, 11:30:06 pm »
Well the positive part, for now, is,
Existing branches will be kept visible to the public, but are closed for new commits with the exception of Qt WebEngine and the already deprecated Qt Script.

Wonder how long they'll maintain the WebEngine for non-paying customers?

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 07, 2021, 09:43:04 am »
Well the positive part, for now, is,
Existing branches will be kept visible to the public, but are closed for new commits with the exception of Qt WebEngine and the already deprecated Qt Script.

Wonder how long they'll maintain the WebEngine for non-paying customers?

It will be really interesting to see - I guess it somewhat depends how quickly the major OS adopt QT6...

Rene Hvidsoe

• View Profile
Status of QT5 based Browser
« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2022, 04:31:13 pm »
Hi,

any idea about progress of the new QT5 based browser ?

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #79 on: January 20, 2022, 04:36:36 pm »
Hi Rene

I also have no information or plans about the release of the new Qt5 Browser. I know that Bitwise works keeps updating libraries and news on his website, but I don't know any timeline.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Roderick Klein

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 20, 2022, 10:08:55 pm »
Hi Rene

I also have no information or plans about the release of the new Qt5 Browser. I know that Bitwise works keeps updating libraries and news on his website, but I don't know any timeline.

Regards

Things have grinded to halt duo to difference circumstances.  I am working on an update to be published in the month January to tell everybody what the status is.

Roderick

Ibrahim Hakeem

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2022, 09:19:42 am »
Hi Rene

Regards

Things have grinded to halt duo to difference circumstances.  I am working on an update to be published in the month January to tell everybody what the status is.

Roderick

Any idea on when this update will be posted?

Roderick Klein

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2022, 11:25:39 pm »
Hi Rene

Regards

Roderick

Any idea on when this update will be posted?
Month January and January has not ended yet :-)
But seriously its being worked on. A draft is being reviewed by Dmitry from BWW and Steve Levine before publication.
It might be slightly later then the end of month January before the update about the Otter Browser is published.
Keep an eye on https://articles.os2voice.org

I can reveal that current status is that the Otter Browser is moving forward again.
OS/2 VOICE ran out of funding to pay BWW, however we where able to collect some funds together.
In the coming month the browser should become a lot more stable, that is what is at least the current estimate.

In one tests the browser stayed up for about an hour. And as other people with QT Simplebrowser have experienced, more websites that no longer work on our platform, work again.  This has also been reported by our beta testers.

Roderick Klein
OS/2 VOICE
« Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 01:28:23 am by Martin Iturbide »