Author Topic: Panorama question  (Read 402 times)

ivan

• Thank You
  • -Given: 2
  • -Receive: 35
    • View Profile
Panorama question
« on: October 08, 2019, 09:56:32 pm »
Does anyone know of a way to make Panorama remember video settings if no monitor is available?

I have a backup computer that gets switched on once a month.  It shares one of my Samsung S24E650 1920x1200 monitors via a KVM switch with a couple of Linux computers.

If I remember to switch the KVM to the ArcaOS computer before I start the Computer all is well and it brings up the screen at 1920x1200.  If I forget to switch the screen reverts to 640x480 which is useless.

This brings me back to my question - is there a way of forcing Panorama to remember the correct 1920x1200 settings?  It just annoys me that I have no problem with the two Linux computers on the same KVM remembering the video settings even if not switched to the monitor at start up.

Dave Yeo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 149
    • View Profile
Re: Panorama question
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 02:33:04 am »
You could probably do it with Panoutil, run it without parameters to see its help.

ivan

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 11:51:39 pm »
Thanks Dave, it does look as if it will do what I want.  Will try it out sometime in the next few weeks.

ivan

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2019, 04:58:05 pm »
OK, I tried Dave's suggestion but it only worked once.  The second time starting the backup computer the video settings were forgotten.  The question is 'is there a way of permanently setting the video resolution in Panorama?' 

Dave Yeo

• Thank You
  • -Given: 11
  • -Receive: 149
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2019, 08:33:33 pm »
The problem is that Panorama patches the video bios to enable the wide screen resolution, I assume during boot. If panoutil can't set Panorama to patch the bios every boot, you'd have to run it early during boot to do it. Not sure if a run statement in config.sys would work, otherwise it is remembering to tun on your monitor.
Linux works as it has a real driver rather then falling back to VESA.