Author Topic: Odin on Warp 4.52 virtualbox  (Read 504 times)

mauro

• Thank You
  • -Given: 0
  • -Receive: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Odin on Warp 4.52 virtualbox
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2020, 11:13:13 am »
mauro,

I assume you have run the ODIN/Win32 HELLOWORLD.exe program to test that ODIN is running - or in this case not running - and are still getting the message about missing file/DLL

Hi Doug, no I did not know and haven't tried to run it, is it already included in the Odin installation?

If you install the debug package and run it with WIN32LOG=1  you will probably see which specific DLL or file is missing in the log files.  ODIN generates LOTS of messages in the log files, but if you look through them you will see the file that cannot be loaded.
The debug package looks to be available on ANPM

I've installed with ANPM the debug package and any other package having Odin in its title

It is been awhile since I used the debug package. I believe I installed it from *.wpi or *.zip package. I also seem to remember that I installed it in a separate director(s) and adjusted the LIBPATH statement to switch between production and debug.  You may or may not be able to do that with ANPM. If you don't want to overwrite your normal package find a ZIP or WarpIN package  for debug and use that.

Ok, suppose I succeed to understand what dll is missing (also if this is different from the PSP7 installation error claiming a disk space issue which I believe cannot be solve), does it state the right path where to add the dll ?

Thank you
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 05:57:58 pm by mauro »

mauro

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2020, 11:27:56 am »
There's ftp://hobbes.nmsu.edu/pub/windows/psp311.zip which IIRC does run on Odin. Untested here. Other versions might also be worth trying

"page not found"

Tom

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2020, 12:02:10 pm »
There's ftp://hobbes.nmsu.edu/pub/windows/psp311.zip which IIRC does run on Odin. Untested here. Other versions might also be worth trying

"page not found"

Use https://hobbes.nmsu.edu/download/pub/windows/psp311.zip instead

(I used the search function for psp311)

mauro

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2020, 05:02:58 pm »
mauro,

I assume you have run the ODIN/Win32 HELLOWORLD.exe program to test that ODIN is running - or in this case not running - and are still getting the message about missing file/DLL

Hi Doug, no I did not know and haven't tried to run it, is it already included in the Odin installation?

If you install the debug package and run it with WIN32LOG=1  you will probably see which specific DLL or file is missing in the log files.  ODIN generates LOTS of messages in the log files, but if you look through them you will see the file that cannot be loaded.
The debug package looks to be available on ANPM

I've installed with ANPM the debug package and any other package having Odin in its title

It is been awhile since I used the debug package. I believe I installed it from *.wpi or *.zip package. I also seem to remember that I installed it in a separate director(s) and adjusted the LIBPATH statement to switch between production and debug.  You may or may not be able to do that with ANPM. If you don't want to overwrite your normal package find a ZIP or WarpIN package  for debug and use that.

Ok, suppose I succeed to understand what dll is missing (also if this is different from the PSP7 installation error claiming a disk space issue which I believe cannot be solve), does it state the right path where to add the dll ?

Thank you

mauro

• Thank You
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2020, 05:18:28 pm »

"page not found"

Use https://hobbes.nmsu.edu/download/pub/windows/psp311.zip instead

(I used the search function for psp311)

Thank you, I've downloaded and installed it with no problems, but it runs with WinOS2 (16 bit), nothing to do with Odin and win 32 bit applications