Author Topic: Qt6 Development  (Read 210793 times)

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
Re: Qt6 Development
« Reply #660 on: March 24, 2023, 02:21:47 am »
Interesting, just realised that qt 6.4.x isn't detecting/using NSS - which is why I'm seeing SSL errors, as there is no other code path to utilise. I wonder what's changed? Perhaps the rpm nss is too old?

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 24, 2023, 02:39:43 am »
Probably does need an up to date NSS.
I tried building the RPM, for some reason my environment was rejecting the directive to use the git repository.
Last time I tried doing the proper build, I ran into problems which I now forget. It was a weird build method, build NSPR4, then use that build system to build NSS.
I believe the OS/2 code hasn't been removed from NSPR4 and NSS yet, but Bitwise patched it quite a bit. NSPR4 is sort of a universal libc.

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 24, 2023, 03:06:15 am »

Dave Yeo

• View Profile

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #664 on: March 24, 2023, 05:40:27 am »
I cant believe I missed the fact that file moved and needed to be updated. Oh well. Now I have the fun of waiting for almost 11000 files to rebuild!
« Last Edit: March 25, 2023, 08:30:10 am by Paul Smedley »

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #665 on: March 25, 2023, 08:34:04 am »
Re: Qt 6.4.x

Code: [Select]
[109:1:0322/222035.678000:ERROR:shared_buffer_dispatcher.cc(298)] Failed to map shared memory region.
[109:8:0322/222037.341000:ERROR:shared_buffer_dispatcher.cc(298)] Failed to map shared memory region.
This is fixed in https://github.com/psmedley/qt6-webengine-os2/commit/991b4368107f343d2f237d6b5b1083cca79c38da

Doesn't fix the later crash in partition_alloc (Updated TRP attached for reference).

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #666 on: March 26, 2023, 09:23:13 am »
Not sure it's the problem, but came across a hack in https://github.com/psmedley/qt6-webengine-os2/blob/6.4.x/src/3rdparty/chromium/third_party/blink/renderer/platform/wtf/hash_table.h#L612 that I'd forgotten about. Turns out this is a bug in GCC that corrected in 9.3.0

Currently building 9.5.0 based on the bww patches and will see how it goes...

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #667 on: March 26, 2023, 10:19:22 am »
OK 9.5.0 is built and the source builds without the kludge now - whether it will help with the crash I was seeing is another matter.

I also need to workout how I can easily distribute the build - 'make install' put it into my %unixroot% but I've always struggled with how to package anything that installs in /usr

Edit: something is janky with this build - causes the system to run out of ram. wonder if -Zhigh-mem wasn't used as a link option?

Will rebuild with manually forcing LDFLAGS to include -Zhigh-mem....
« Last Edit: March 26, 2023, 10:38:23 am by Paul Smedley »

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #668 on: March 26, 2023, 09:08:11 pm »
Can you build with a prefix of qt6 or /qt6? For now, that seems the best way to keep it separate from @unixroot

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #669 on: March 26, 2023, 09:58:42 pm »
Can you build with a prefix of qt6 or /qt6? For now, that seems the best way to keep it separate from @unixroot

I'm actually now not so certain it was the gcc version causing the issues - I reset GCC to the rpm version, and still got errors. I'd also been messing around yesterday on that box wih replacing the i686 versions of libs with the pentium4 ones - so maybe something go screwed up there too.

Perhaps I'll install to @unixroot/usr950 or something to keep it seperate - or just to @unixroot/usr/local ?

Dave Yeo

• View Profile
« Reply #670 on: March 26, 2023, 11:56:30 pm »

I'm actually now not so certain it was the gcc version causing the issues - I reset GCC to the rpm version, and still got errors. I'd also been messing around yesterday on that box wih replacing the i686 versions of libs with the pentium4 ones - so maybe something go screwed up there too.

Perhaps I'll install to @unixroot/usr950 or something to keep it seperate - or just to @unixroot/usr/local ?

Sorry, got confused between Qt and GCC. @unixroot/usr950 or back to @unixroot/local950, nice to have co-existence between different versions as well as the choice of what is on the PATH, @unixroot/usr/local is usually on the PATH, LIBPATH and ahead of @unixroot/usr.

KO Myung-Hun

• View Profile
« Reply #671 on: March 27, 2023, 03:26:09 am »

I want to vote to /usr/local950 as you did usually or @unixroot/usr/local950.

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #672 on: March 27, 2023, 10:45:27 am »
https://smedley.id.au/tmp/gcc-9.5.0-os2-20230327.zip - install on same drive as rpm is installed - all files in usr/local950

To use this GCC (9.5.0) in place of rpm version (9.2.0) - should just need to add %UNIXROOT%\usr\local950\bin to the front of the path....

Be interesting to see if others see the SYS0147 error I was seeing - or if that's something peculiar to the AOS install I'm testing on.

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #673 on: March 27, 2023, 12:16:47 pm »
OK - got the SYS error on another box - pretty sure something isn't using high-mem, so it's exhausting the 512mb ram.... will investigate tomorrow...

Paul Smedley

• View Profile
« Reply #674 on: March 27, 2023, 10:02:27 pm »
Weird.... - Zhigh-mem is definitely being used....
g++ -no-pie -Zstack 8192 -Zhigh-mem  -g  -DIN_GCC     -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -W -Wall -Wno-narrowing -Wwrite-strings -Wcast-qual -Wmissing-format-attribute -Woverloaded-virtual -pedantic -Wno-long-long -Wno-variadic-macros -Wno-overlength-strings   -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -static-libstdc++ -static-libgcc -Zomf -Zstack 8192 -Zhigh-mem -o cc1plus.exe \
      cp/cp-lang.o c-family/stub-objc.o cp/call.o cp/class.o cp/constexpr.o cp/constraint.o cp/cp-gimplify.o cp/cp-objcp-common.o cp/cp-ubsan.o cp/cvt.o cp/cxx-pretty-print.o cp/decl.o cp/decl2.o cp/dump.o cp/error.o cp/except.o cp/expr.o cp/friend.o cp/init.o cp/lambda.o cp/lex.o cp/logic.o cp/mangle.o cp/method.o cp/name-lookup.o cp/optimize.o cp/parser.o cp/pt.o cp/ptree.o cp/repo.o cp/rtti.o cp/search.o cp/semantics.o cp/tree.o cp/typeck.o cp/typeck2.o cp/vtable-class-hierarchy.o attribs.o incpath.o c-family/c-common.o c-family/c-cppbuiltin.o c-family/c-dump.o c-family/c-format.o c-family/c-gimplify.o c-family/c-indentation.o c-family/c-lex.o c-family/c-omp.o c-family/c-opts.o c-family/c-pch.o c-family/c-ppoutput.o c-family/c-pragma.o c-family/c-pretty-print.o c-family/c-semantics.o c-family/c-ada-spec.o c-family/c-ubsan.o c-family/known-headers.o c-family/c-attribs.o c-family/c-warn.o c-family/c-spellcheck.o i386-c.o emx-cxx.o default-c.o cc1plus-checksum.o libbackend.a main.o libcommon-target.a libcommon.a ../libcpp/libcpp.a ../libdecnumber/libdecnumber.a libcommon.a ../libcpp/libcpp.a -lintl  ../libbacktrace/.libs/backtrace.a ../libiberty/libiberty.a ../libdecnumber/libdecnumber.a   -lmpc -lmpfr -lgmp   -lz
&
g++ -fno-PIE -c -Zstack 8192 -Zhigh-mem  -g  -DIN_GCC     -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -W -Wall -Wno-narrowing -Wwrite-strings -Wcast-qual -Wmissing-format-attribute -Woverloaded-virtual -pedantic -Wno-long-long -Wno-variadic-macros -Wno-overlength-strings   -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -Ic-family -I../.././gcc -I../.././gcc/c-family -I../.././gcc/../include -I../.././gcc/../libcpp/include  -I../.././gcc/../libdecnumber -I../.././gcc/../libdecnumber/bid -I../libdecnumber -I../.././gcc/../libbacktrace   -o c-family/cppspec.o -MT c-family/cppspec.o -MMD -MP -MF c-family/.deps/cppspec.TPo ../.././gcc/c-family/cppspec.c
g++ -no-pie -Zstack 8192 -Zhigh-mem  -g  -DIN_GCC     -fno-exceptions -fno-rtti -fasynchronous-unwind-tables -W -Wall -Wno-narrowing -Wwrite-strings -Wcast-qual -Wmissing-format-attribute -Woverloaded-virtual -pedantic -Wno-long-long -Wno-variadic-macros -Wno-overlength-strings   -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -static-libstdc++ -static-libgcc -Zomf -Zstack 8192 -Zhigh-mem -o cpp.exe gcc.o gcc-main.o ggc-none.o \
  c-family/cppspec.o driver-i386.o emx-driver.o libcommon-target.a \
   libcommon.a ../libcpp/libcpp.a -lintl  ../libbacktrace/.libs/backtrace.a ../libiberty/libiberty.a ../libdecnumber/libdecnumber.a