Author Topic: ClassiCube porting thread  (Read 14075 times)

Lars

• View Profile
Re: ClassiCube porting thread
« Reply #60 on: May 09, 2024, 09:30:23 am »
What you can also try: deregister class "WPFOCSystem". For that you will need to have full XWorkplace installed. This is the configuration class that adds the "FOC" page to the Workplace Shell configuration object, not the real file dialog replacement.

You can always reregister this class via REXX. For that, have a look at \system\install\foc\filedlgtofocdlg.cmd.
Look for "FOCRegisterWPClass".

Another thought: configure FOC to only scan "local drives" and not "all" (if you haven't done that anyway).
« Last Edit: May 09, 2024, 11:18:15 am by Lars »

Lars

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 09, 2024, 11:37:51 am »
Actually, "PMEX.DLL" is dynamically binding to and calling into "FOC.DLL" to do its job and that is part of the "Win" eCosoft runtime.

I am beginning to believe that eCoSoft "win","base","net" runtime has been broken in later versions.

I have 2018.11.8.0 installed for "Net" and "Win" and 2017.11.15.0 for "Base". I do not experience crashes but (after registering the WPS class for FOC configuration, gleaned that from the ArcaOS installation), after setting exception in the FOC exception list, it has no effect/is ignored.

You can find older versions here:
https://en.ecomstation.ru/projects/developer/toolkit/?action=runtime-old

« Last Edit: May 09, 2024, 11:47:41 am by Lars »

David McKenna

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 09, 2024, 12:30:53 pm »
Lars,

I do have FOC set to scan only local drives. Tried backlevelling the 3 eCoSoft runtimes to the 2017 versions - rebooted - but no change. Classicube still crashes when a file dialog appears, but if I add it to the FOC exception list, it works. Maybe the newer PMEX.DLL is at fault? It does have a build level string:

[C:\os2\dll]bldlevel pmex.dll
Build Level Display Facility Version 6.12.675 Sep 25 2001
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1993-2001
Signature:       @#eCo Software:1.9.0#@##1## 05/10/16 14:41:04        GLASSMAN::
::::@@Presentation Manager Extension Library
Vendor:          eCo Software
Revision:        1.09.0
Date/Time:       05/10/16 14:41:04
Build Machine:   GLASSMAN
File Version:    1.9
Description:     Presentation Manager Extension Library

FOC was an add-on from eCoSoft: http://en.ecomstation.ru/projects/foc, eventually installed from eCS 2.1 and higher...

Regards,
« Last Edit: May 09, 2024, 12:38:43 pm by David McKenna »

Lars

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 09, 2024, 03:20:15 pm »
As a quick test, back up and replace the files as contained in the ZIP file.
Explanation to follow.

David McKenna

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2024, 11:40:52 pm »
Lars,

Tried these files, but ClassiCube still crashes when I try to open a file dialog in it. I can confirm that the exception list does not work with these - even with classicube-dev.exe in the exception list it crashes. I tried with both the 2017 and 2024 versions of all eCoSoft run time files.

The fact an exception list was added kinda implies this problem was known, but not fixed for some reason. Maybe you could contact the author to find out why?

Regards,

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #65 on: May 10, 2024, 03:43:07 am »
Hello

If it was demonstrated that a piece of code running with the eCo Runtimes FOC (included in ArcaOS) installed crashes, and the same works if eCo Runtimes are uninstalled, I think it will be good to create a ticket on the Arca Noae mantis. (https://mantis.arcanoae.com/).

I would be desirable to post the piece of code and executable if possible for the developer to try out.

Reards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Lars

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 10, 2024, 11:38:25 am »
AN will answer you that it is not their SW.
The author is Sergey (glassman). The best you can do is find his email address or contact Eugene Gorbunoff who would know how to contact Sergey.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2024, 11:48:21 am by Lars »

Martin Iturbide

• OS2World NewsMaster
  • Global Moderator
  • Your Friend Wil Declares...
    • View Profile
    • Martin's Personal Blog
« Reply #67 on: May 10, 2024, 02:28:41 pm »
The author is Sergey (glassman). The best you can do is find his email address or contact Eugene Gorbunoff who would know how to contact Sergey.
Hello Lars.

FOC is being included in ArcaOS, I think that opening a ticket will make they forward the issue to Glassman and Eugene. Both parties (Arca Noae and eCo Software) should be aware of this.

Regards
Martin Iturbide
OS2World NewsMaster
... just share the dream.

Jochen Schäfer

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 10, 2024, 02:39:02 pm »
I will create a ticket next week, as I'm away doing other retro stuff.

Lars

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 11, 2024, 09:45:52 am »

Sorry, meant to say Dmitry (Steklenev) and not Sergey.

Anyway, he has a webpage that also allows contacting him directly, maybe that is easier and also more efficient: https://5nets.ru/

There is a feedback link: https://5nets.ru/feedback/

The difference I found between the initial version of FOC contained in eCS (where it does not crash) and that in ArcaOS (where it crashes):

The install script of eCS forwards the functions "WinFileDlg","WinDefFildDlgProc","WinFreeDlgFileDlgList" from PMCTLS.DLL to PMEX.DLL but it does not "clone" them, so the original routines in PMCTLS.DLL are not accessible anymore. PMEX.DLL in turns calls into FOC.DLL.

ArcaOS on the other hand does not only forward the original functions from PMCTLS.DLL to PMEX.DLL but it also "clones" them to another ordinal so that the original procedures can be called from foc.dll, for example.

That seems to be the difference that makes FOC crash under ArcaOS but work ok under eCS. As I said, I have no probs under eCS and even regedit2.exe works just fine with FOC even though AN puts it on the exclusion list.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2024, 09:59:08 am by Lars »