• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

eCS 1.2R/USB 2.0

Started by OriAl, 2008.05.14, 03:58:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Saijin_Naib

Windows will not let you create a FAT32 partition over 32gb in 2k/XP, however, you can read any size fat32 volume you wish. Use Win9x or Linux to create the FAT32 volume to whatever size you wish, or use a large fat32 volume tool like here:

http://www.pendrivelinux.com/2006/09/20/large-external-usb-hard-drive-fat32-format-utility/

OriAl

I still can't get DFSee to find the external drive, so I can't use DFSee to format it.  Usbcfg did list one removable drive in config.sys.  It's plugged into the 2.0 controller, so I hope it's seen as a 2.0 device.

I also couldn't find usbdock in utilities.

If I add a hub, I suppose I run usbcfg again?  Or that won't change the number of controllers (which is still 1 usb 2.0 ehci and 4 usb 1.1 uhci, though I thought it would be one or two 1.1 from the motherboard, and one 2.0 controller from the add-on card.)

Pete

Hi

When you attach the drive can LVM see it at all? - run LVM in a command window with physical view displayed.

No, the drive is plugged into a port and *if* the device is a USB2 device then it comes under the control of a USB2 controller.

USBDock can be downloaded from the ecomstation betazone - you may already have USB Resource Manager installed; try running that from the Resource Manager page in USBcfg with the drive attached.

A hub is... a hub. It does not need any drivers or reconfiguration.

If you have USB controllers enabled on mainboard and a plugin card then USBcfg will show the total of each type of controller available without worrying about where they physically live.

You can always remove the addin card, boot the system and run USBcfg to see what controllers are available without that addin card then you can work out what is on the addin card - probably 1 * USB2 and 2 * USB1 controllers  :-)

Regards

Pete

DavidG

More than likely the drive has to be made a compatibility volume.  This can be done by going to

Local System >  System Setup > Logical Volume Manager

Once you have started the LVM, do the following:

Click OK to any incorrect partitioning.  This is nothing.

Next select from the menu

Volume > Create Volume > Create Non-bootable volumen > Create Compatibility Volume

Save. 

If all goes when, you removeable disk will be recognized.

David

OriAl

I couldn't find usbdock in the betazone on the eCS site.   Resource manager didn't run from usbcfg.

I brought up LVM.  It found the drive, D3, listed as O: (my last partition is M:).  I tried to follow the instructions here, and give it the name "External", but I don't think it took (and I hope I didn't mess anything up.)

OriAl

DFSEE sees the drive as DUMMY, with no MBR. 

DavidG

Quote from: OriAl on 2008.06.27, 00:18:45
I couldn't find usbdock in the betazone on the eCS site.   Resource manager didn't run from usbcfg.

I brought up LVM.  It found the drive, D3, listed as O: (my last partition is M:).  I tried to follow the instructions here, and give it the name "External", but I don't think it took (and I hope I didn't mess anything up.)

It is in the betazone listed under files in the upper left corner.  However, the betazone only shows all the files found in the beta zone when accessed from the Mensys web site.

OriAl

I can't seem to access the betazone from the Mensys site.