• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

CD Record

Started by Carlo_Warp, 2008.05.30, 13:49:28

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Hi "Carlo_Warp",

QuoteAs I said, I burned some MP3 songs and everything seemed to be ok; at the end of the burning process, I got the message "Disk created successfully".
I tried to read the disk and I got the message "The Cd-rom might be damaged, unformatted or not sompatible...". In other words, the burned Cd was empty!!

I used a CD-RW.

It's been a while since I've used Audio/Data Cd Creator, please ensure that the "Test Only" check mark is unchecked when burning your project, else as far I remember CD Creator doesn't physically burn the disc.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John.

Carlo_Warp

Hi John, I followed your suggestion and something changed. I selected "Test Only" and now I got a CD which contains 24 Tracks (eCS cannot read the cd, but Win XP can). The extension of the tracks is "CDA". What can I do now? Life seems to be difficult....

Quote from: John on 2008.06.03, 17:54:54
Hi "Carlo_Warp",

It's been a while since I've used Audio/Data Cd Creator, please ensure that the "Test Only" check mark is unchecked when burning your project, else as far I remember CD Creator doesn't physically burn the disc.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John.

Carlo_Warp

As I said in my last post, the cd is not empty. I started cdpm.exe and I got 24 buttons (as many as the sound tracks).
When I fixed the cd with the CDR tools, I got the following message:

C:\os2\apps\cdr2_0_0\cdrecord.exe: cannot do inquiry for CD/DVD recorder.
C:\os2\apps\cdr2_0_0\cdrecord.exe: Invalid argument test unit ready: scsi send cmd: fatal error.
CDB: 00 00 00 00 00 00
cmd finished after 0.000s timeout 40s

Quote from: melf on 2008.06.03, 16:52:39
Are you sure it's empty? I see two possibilities:

1) You may have to fixate the CD, AFAIK defult is no fixation. You do it with CDR tools.

2) You also have to open a CD-player eg cdpm.exe in C:\MMOS2\MMPLAYER\cdpm.exe. eCS don't recognize the content if you just open the drive.

melf

Hi,
if you have one button for each track, then all ought to be ok, but...

if you have a laptop with no audioconnection to cd player inside (like mine) you have to go to multimediasetup (system setup folder) and check "Digital Transfer" on page three under "Compact Disc". Then you also have to check that option in cdpm.exe CD-player. Start the player, choose "View" menu and check "Digital transfer". Then it should work.

Good luck!
/Mikael

ivan

I was never able to get Audio/Data Cd Creator to work  with any degree of reliability  so I just use mkisofs2 and ccdrecord2 with the scripts I have. 
If you must have a GUI then I recommend  CDR/RW Wizard  - you will have to get the latest  mkisofs2 and cdrecord2 from hobbes.

Carlo_Warp

I am using my desktop, because my laptop has problems with eCS 2.0 RC4  :(
I found the "Digital Transfer" options in the multimediasetup, but I didn't find the "Digital transfer" option on the "View" menu of the cdpm.exe CD-player. I think I will try CDR/RW wizard like Ivan suggested.

Quote from: melf on 2008.06.05, 16:22:27
Hi,
if you have one button for each track, then all ought to be ok, but...

if you have a laptop with no audioconnection to cd player inside (like mine) you have to go to multimediasetup (system setup folder) and check "Digital Transfer" on page three under "Compact Disc". Then you also have to check that option in cdpm.exe CD-player. Start the player, choose "View" menu and check "Digital transfer". Then it should work.

Good luck!