• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Medion Akoya (MSI Wind) netbook and eComStation

Started by Shai, 2008.07.03, 11:46:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Stef

Thanks Pete and Thomas,

Using os2cdrom unfortunately does not change the deal with or without USB drivers declared.

Yes, if USB is set I also set the USB Cd install flag through own values choice.

In the resulting config.sys file, line 94 is :
DEVICE=\OS2CDROM.DMD /V

Note that LOCATECD.SYS is called using the same syntax:
DEVICE=\LOCATECD.SYS "Insert eComStation Installation CD-ROM and press any key." "ECS_CDRUN" "\ECS\ECS_INST.FLG"

So the error message is from LOCATECD.SYS which seems unable to know where the USB CD drive is.

Moreover at the beginning of the config.sys file, one read :
RUN=\OS2\ACPIDAEMON.EXE
but here I got no problem, the daemon is launched.

BTW where is LOCATECD.SYS on the CD ? I cannot find it.

Robert Deed

LocateCD.Sys is in the boot image and shouldn't be accessible other then when you boot form the CDRom.

Quote from: Stef on 2009.05.07, 20:32:27
Thanks Pete and Thomas,

Using os2cdrom unfortunately does not change the deal with or without USB drivers declared.

Yes, if USB is set I also set the USB Cd install flag through own values choice.

In the resulting config.sys file, line 94 is :
DEVICE=\OS2CDROM.DMD /V

Note that LOCATECD.SYS is called using the same syntax:
DEVICE=\LOCATECD.SYS "Insert eComStation Installation CD-ROM and press any key." "ECS_CDRUN" "\ECS\ECS_INST.FLG"

So the error message is from LOCATECD.SYS which seems unable to know where the USB CD drive is.

Moreover at the beginning of the config.sys file, one read :
RUN=\OS2\ACPIDAEMON.EXE
but here I got no problem, the daemon is launched.

BTW where is LOCATECD.SYS on the CD ? I cannot find it.

djcaetano

Pete,

Quote from: Pete on 2009.05.06, 16:33:40
Try SNAP in VBE fallback mode (VESA) and see if that resolves the External Video output problem

I'll try this soon. :)

Install Genmac Base plus required driver from [RC6a_CD]:\CID\SERVER\ECSPKG\GENMAC2.WPI - it is a Warpin archive and should install with the minimum of fuss. Hopefully that will help with WiFi.

Thanks! I installed it, but then I noticed Positivo modified the WiFi configuration: the board used on this version of Wind is Realtek RTL8187... which is not supported yet by GenMac2. I'll do some tests trying with Windows driver in "unsupported mode" later.
BTW, after installing GenMac2, I am not able to use the network anymore, even connecting the cable (ethernet nic uses the propper driver and was working ok before installing GenMac2).

Check USB configuration using USBcfg, itmay help resolve Cardreader problem. If not post your PSD=ACPI.PSD line and also check what settings are enabled for USB in the BIOS. Usbcfg comes in Warpin  http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/download/pub/os2/system/USBcfgb071-eCS-only.wpi and Zip http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/pub/os2/system/usbcfgb701.zip flavours.

Well, the cardreader seems to be just ignored. My ACPI line is simple: /APIC /SMP /CD. I'll use USB Config later and verify the configuration... but it seems it should work. AFAIK, the SD cardreader is just an adapter to a internal USB port.

Thanks for the help!

Pete

Hi djcaetano

I think the WiFi nic gets set as lan0 - which is what your cabled nic was probably using - so you need to run the Adapters and Protocols app to check.

Have you checked whether the PSD= line needs the /TMR switch? - run \ecs\bin\tmrtest.exe to check.

Do the USB Controllers show in Hardware Manager? Are the number and type correct?

Do you have USBMSD option /REMOVABLES set to at least the number of slots in the cardreader plus 1 ie 4 slot cardreader should have 5 (or higher) for this setting.

Regards

Pete

EugeneGorbunoff

2 Stef

ok.. so you have problems during installation of eCS.

at which stage? during boot to installer or after the 1-st reboot?

the only way to resolve the problem - post bug-report to ecomstation.com -> login -> bug-tracker

1) try select Panorama VESA in preboot menu, not SNAP

2) disable uniaud (don't know how)

Stef

Yes Eugene the problem occurs before getting the installer.

I chose first to post here to get any help from the community (we are at os2world.com). It is always nice and pleasant. I will post a bug ticket if I can't find the cause with all mates here !

I read in one thread that the USB drive was first accessed using bios w/o issue but when USB drivers are then used the drive is no more found. Does it sound familiar to someone ?

Saijin_Naib

Yes, I believe that is the int13 issue. I've not gotten around that on my netbook which is part of the reason I ended up selling it.