• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Spicebird

Started by kim, 2008.07.14, 19:59:23

Previous topic - Next topic

kim

Was looking around for a PIM or personal organizer utility; I then stumbled over Spicebird that is based on the Thunderbird code but offers quite a few other nice features such as contact, calendar, IM, etc.

Interesting project that might be possible to see available as well for OS2/eCS?

Saijin_Naib

Wow, that does look very nice. If it indeed can be coerced to run on OS/2, it should be included in the eCS install CD so that there will be a nice PIM suite coming with OS/2, which others have expressed interest in prior.

BigWarpGuy

It looks great. It would give another reason to upgrade to version 2.0 if it was included.  8)

warpcafe

Must have!! :)

How about asking Peter Weilbacher directly? ;) or should we set up a bounty and THEN ask him? :)

Cheers
Thomas
"It is not worth an intelligent man's time to be in the majority.
By definition, there are already enough people to do that"
- G.H. Hardy

warpcafe

Ehh... BTW it's "spicebird" ... ;)
"It is not worth an intelligent man's time to be in the majority.
By definition, there are already enough people to do that"
- G.H. Hardy

kim

Quote from: warpcafe on 2008.07.15, 11:07:29
Ehh... BTW it's "spicebird" ... ;)

I stand corrected; spicebird it is; I actually found this project when digging through PIM information at wikipedia. But, there are a few specific components that is needed to be fixed before it can run under OS2 when reading on the project page. Also, one thing that most calender and pim projects lacks are the possibility of synchronizing with PDA, mobile phones, etc and this I would say is for the most projects the weakest point of all. There are quite a few really great projects; but if I'm not able to sync; well then it for quite a few not of interest.

BigWarpGuy

There is a forum in the support section. Perhaps one could join and ask about support or a port to eComStation?