• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

somewhere out there

Started by ModZilla, 2008.08.18, 21:51:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben

Yep.

It blocked you for excessive concurrent connections... 30 +.

I can't imagine why your browser is using that many, but I temporarily disabled it and lifted your ban once again.

I'll do some research on why Firefox? would need so many and adjust the firewall accordingly some time in the future.

In the meantime, it's back to the thread.  :D

Saijin_Naib

Not firefox :P (its IE7) and I had a few tabs open and pre-fetch in IE7 enabled to speed up browsing much like you can do with Firefox. I'm sorry your firewall does not like this, I'll try and be more conservative with tabs :D

Ben

Well, my firewall needs to be adjusted to allow for all normal browsing and activities.

Tweaking, I suspect, will be ongoing as the Internet and it's appliances change.

Question:

Do you know how many connections your present setup uses during your normal use?

abwillis

Quote from: Ben on 2008.10.12, 04:54:28

Well, my firewall needs to be adjusted to allow for all normal browsing and activities.

Tweaking, I suspect, will be ongoing as the Internet and it's appliances change.

Question:

Do you know how many connections your present setup uses during your normal use?

Its working well now.  Seamonkey defaults to 15 connections, I had two tabs loading which would hit the 30.  As far as normal usage goes... I commonly have 4 or 5 (more rarely more) tabs opening here on the OS2World site at one time as I will middle click on several links I am interested in on a site and load them all in the background while finishing the page I am on.  Then I move across through them quickly as they are all loaded.

Ben

Quote from: Ben on 2008.10.10, 21:57:09
It never ceases to amaze me that people see this raw seepage that oozes from one of its multitudinous holes, yet few ever go past the "bitching" stage... the explanation for all being but a few short thoughts away, (albeit, heavily veiled).

Their daily Soma intake, is indeed as addictive as it is mind-numbing.

However, it is encouraging to see some try... if few in number. For the success, (or failure), of the "herd" lies in their hands. Make no mistake about it.

Allow, me, Modzilla, if you will, to supplement to your...

Quote...nations around the globe that are full of people preoccupied by visual images that are hollow on the face of them yet controlling on their obverse,

This is from a U.S. Military officer's Training Manual dated summer 1997 & written by Major Ralph Peters

QuoteIn this age of television-series franchising, videos, and satellite dishes, the young male gets his skewed view of things from reruns of Dynasty and Dallas, or from satellite links beaming down Baywatch, sources we dismiss too quickly as laughable and unworthy of serious consideration as factors influencing world affairs. But their effect is destructive beyond the power of words to describe.

I have to say it again; "destructive beyond the power of words to describe".

Quotemost people... get high on pop culture. If religion is the opium of the people, video is their crack cocaine... for all technology is military technology & Hollywood is "preparing the battlefield," and burgers precede bullets... When we and they collide, they shock us with violence... and this has as much to do with television commercials, CD-ROMs, and grotesque video games as it does with the classroom... watch the videos, but we will be writing the scripts, producing them.

That's right, the military funds most movies, videos and computer games.

The complete article is available here and is a "must read" for those few who can still think rather than regurgitate endless lines of indoctrination that they had programmed into them from TV or a new movie, thinking they are smarter because they can throw it up before their peers can.

A person has to ask themselves where and why this transition has happened... ask Major Ralph Peters for he has no issue with the source or reason for this transition...

Here's another quote from Major Ralph Peters...

QuoteOur victims volunteer.

"We" are those victims he is referring to.

OK.

I tweaked my firewall to allow for 60 simultaneous connections.

One should not get blacklisted now, using the above links, (snipped from the original post), regardless of what your normal browsing procedures are.

The original, full, post, (it got washed away in the stream of firewall posts), is here.  For those of you that read it when originally posted, I've added to it since then, and you may want to reread it.

P.S. I deemed the long quote as necessary, for without it, the links would make no sense.