• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

OS2 warp 4 hard drive size problems

Started by millese, 2008.10.21, 22:25:53

Previous topic - Next topic

rudi

Quote from: RobertM on 2008.10.27, 03:18:47
Indeed. For USB media, running sysinstx would be a requirement as there is no MBR set up (or not a proper one for OS/2 booting).

It's not so much about the MBR. That is set up when partitioning the media. However, it is mandatory,
if you copy to a different file system. And - as already noteted - for everything except FAT SYSINSTX
requires the utility DLL for the target IFS (UHPFS.DLL, UJFS.DLL).

millese

OK...... So I'm almost done. I have taken a blank drive and have it totally set up.... ALMOST. My last minor issue is this, the boot manager has the dos partition and the os2 partition which is what I want and it will boot to either one. The problem is when I restart the system it defaults to which ever system I chose last. My old set up defaults to the os2 partition every time. Any ideas on how to configure boot manager to do this?

millese

Disregard the above I found where to select the default drive in the fdisk program. I also found the setboot /0: command which is supposed to remove the default. Anyway, thanks to everyone here that chipped in to help me out. I have worked with these tools for years and have been held hostige to the vendor whenever I had a failed HD now I can save my company the $1100 dollars they charge for a new HD. Unreal eh??? Thanks again

RobertM

Quote from: ddan on 2008.10.25, 04:06:56
Oh, and there's NO difference between FAT16 partitions as such created by whatever OS, though are OS-dependent differences in master boot records (MBR).

There are - besides that... some OS's will allow 4GB FAT16 partitions... which some other OS's dont particularly like (OS/2 being one of them).

|
|
Kirk's 5 Year Mission Continues at:
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|