• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Belkin KVM w/ USB - potential to work is there but can't figure it out

Started by halgorithm, 2008.10.31, 19:36:46

Previous topic - Next topic

halgorithm

My objective is to get the USB feature (which is one plug, mouse and keyboard USB via KVM) working on a Warp 4.52 box via a KVM.  The keyboard and mouse themselves are PS/2. 

I know this works, because I have a T30 I have the same version of OS2 running on - and while it is plugged into the docking station using one USB port, I can toggle back and forth between that machine and another with no issues.  In addition, I can also use both keyboard and mouse.  It has worked flawlessly.

However, using the same install disks, I have installed on a Dell GX270 and have been able to get the USB working for both keyboard and mouse - but then it is not usable when I have the one USB plug in from the KVM.   ???  It's almost like OS/2 doesn't even see the Keyboard and Mouse through that one USB cable, and it should.  I can go and plug in a free standing USB mouses and USB keyboards and both will work with ease and right away within seconds.  Unplugging and plugging in the KVM USB cable does nothing and no respose from any devices, even after waiting an hour.

I've managed to grab the config.sys (attached) from the IBM Thinkpad T30 and try to configure the changes to the desktop, but I have had no success.  I keep getting it incorrect on the desktop, and just don't know what lines I need to add or change on the other computer's config.

Googling didn't help me with this question.  The only other thread relating to KVMs I found on the forum was saying something about how someone was splicing wires.  I know that I may lose my mousewheel function going through the Belkin, but that's a compromise I'd rather have.

halgorithm

It's working now and I didn't change anything in the config.sys - unplugged and plugged it back into a different USB port.  Gofig.

RobertM

Hi halgorithm,

I wasnt sure from reading your post, but was the USB port that wouldn't work with the KVM unit the same one that you have successfully used either a keyboard or mouse on? If not, then you may be missing one additional driver in the config.sys file. If so, is it possible it's an older board that came with mixed USB2.0 and USB1.1 ports? (in which case, it may be a USB2.0 only KVM plugged into a USB1.1 port)

Just thoughts... glad you got it working either way (and sorry I was late to the party - my day job has been keeping me busy the last few days).

Robert

|
|
Kirk's 5 Year Mission Continues at:
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|