• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Contemplating the PC after Windows

Started by BigWarpGuy, 2008.11.09, 01:05:16

Previous topic - Next topic

BigWarpGuy

http://www.gcn.com/online/vol1_no1/47500-1.html
"Microsoft has been pushing hard to sell Windows 7, the next generation of its venerable operating system, as it becomes increasingly clear businesses are passing on the most recent version, Vista, and instead opting to downgrade to the older Windows XP. In addition, Microsoft has decided to extend the period in which it will make copies of Windows XP available to PC makers to meet customer demand. ... "

There are already those of us doing that when we use a non-Win system like eCS.  8)

Saijin_Naib

BigWarpGuy

I would like to think that I am upgrading to eComStation.  8) I am looking forward to upgrading to 2.0.  ;D

Saijin_Naib

Seriously, tell me about it. I want USB boot/install support for Flashdrives so I can put it on my netbook. Then, we have to make the ACPI support the VIA processors :)

BigWarpGuy

There is another section on installing eCS on an EEE PC. You should check it out.  8) I want to see if eCS 2.0 will install on my EEE PC. I am waiting for it to come to non-software subscribers like me.  ;D

ModZilla

Downgrading is always a good thing esp. when the devs insert more and more repleat code from Urkust or where ever the code is redundant in that its not related to actual real time users, rather used to make it easy for the hacker/or whomever at MS to track all of your actions, more later as soon as I can recall what the website was...we are talking as the world turns here, enthalpy vs. entropy YING/Yank or is it Yang? A World w/o Big Brother Bill would have been a world w/o PARANOIC PROGRAMMERS... 8)
someday os2 will be ruled by the young and famous-at least in the open-source world!