• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

IBMWorks DLL Missing

Started by BigFig, 2008.12.10, 17:58:50

Previous topic - Next topic

BigFig

Somehow, during the last 7 moves (in 8 years) that I've made I have lost my OS/2 Warp3 and 4 Installation  CD's.  Now after numerous crashes and reformats installing eCS  2.0 RC5 and 6, I've lost the fwprec.dll  for IBMWorks.  Can someone help me out with this file, please?  My other fwp*.dll's are dated 8/12/96.

Please send to gary@crossno.net.

Thanks.

Jan Hvilsted

I went through my old IBMWorks, but did not find any dll file with the name you are missing.

Jan

BigFig

Thanks for the help Roland and Ivan.

warunyan

Isn't it not fwprec.dll but it fpwrec.dll?

RobertM

Quote from: warunyan on 2008.12.11, 21:04:16
Isn't it not fwprec.dll but it fpwrec.dll?

Bingo! And correct!

BigFig, read this (maybe it will be helpful):

http://www.os2voice.org/VNL/past_issues/VNL1101H/vnewsft.htm

October 2, 2001 - Pete Milne sent in the following tip to tips@os2voice.org about how to setup IBM Works on a post Warp 4 OS/2 system (MCP/ACP/WSeB/eCS).

It's common knowledge that IBM Works "won't work" with the Warp 4 convenience pack - even though the suite does work with eCS, which is essentially the same thing.

After installing the CP for Warp 4, running the script ibmwdesk.cmd will recreate the desktop objects and config.sys entries for IBM Works, but the programs will not run.

The reason seems to be that the files ien30pde.dll and fpwrec.dll are missing*. They can be found in \os2\dll in a non-CP warp 4 installation, or in \os2image\fi\bonuspak\ibmworks on the warp 4 CD. I've copied them to \bonuspak\ibmworks rather than <CP_drive>:\os2\dll in order to reduce the risk of conflict. Everything seems to be OK so far...

* I used the nifty program pmdll by Arthur van Beek and Steven Levine to discover this.

Hope it helps... if not, let us know and one of us is sure to dig out the CDs and try to locate the missing files for you....

Robert

|
|
Kirk's 5 Year Mission Continues at:
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|

RobertM

BigFig, here's another one that may resolve the missing files issue with a short trip to Hobbes:

To ensure that you are not backlevelling your IBMWorks support, make sure you follow the instructions as listed...

http://www.os2voice.org/VNL/past_issues/VNL0502H/vnewsfl.htm

April 5, 2002 - Barry Landy wrote the following about installing IBM Works on a post Warp4 system (MCP/eCS):

This is an addendum to the tip that appeared in December 2000 (from comp.os.os2.misc).

That article recommends recovering the use of IBMWorks by installing works-csd.zip from Hobbes. I discovered that this csd is actually a release for Warp 3 and is backlevel compared to the Bonuspak offering in Warp 4. I assume there are missing bug fixes, but for me the big loss was the ability to import and export the appointments database which is a feature of the Bonuspak but not in the V3 CSD.

To get the Warp 4 version installed under MCP I did the following:

a) Save from Warp 4
        1) The IBMworks directory
        2) the following 5 files from OS2\DLL

FPWOBJ.DLL
            FPWREC.DLL
            FPWWPS.DLL
            IEN30PDE.DLL
            IEN30PWR.DLL

b) Install works-csd.zip to get the ini files correct
        c) replace the entire IBMWORKS directory by the directory copied from Warp 4
        d) put the 5 DLL files into OS2\DLL
        and the Warp 4 version is now up and running.

|
|
Kirk's 5 Year Mission Continues at:
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|