• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

OS2 World Server restored

Started by kim, 2007.06.04, 00:46:28

Previous topic - Next topic

kim

http://www.os2world.com/content/view/14494/1/
QuotePosted by Kim Haverblad - Sunday, 03 June 2007

Well, it has b. .. .

We have been forced to move the Gallery to section offline due that it crashes the server big time; it will of course be moved back online again when we found the reason why it crash the server.

Terry

To quote two phrases I picked up in Australia in 1990:

[1]  G'day!
[2]  No worries!

kim

Well, it has been couple of frustrating days and we still have some minor issues to solve; but as for now it seems that all the major parts are up and running.

Good news is that it seems that a company will send us an older HP Surestore DLT autoloader to help us out with better local backup of the entire system. I hope that we will get this unit either this or next week.

kim

Here we go! I sure hope that we managed to get the system stable now; yesterday when we opened the site we noticed that the connection to MySql didn't work as it should and we tried to remove and re-install MySql and it didn't help. There was also some problems with some of the graphic libs needed for the system that caused Apache to open up hundreds of apache sessions with the result that the server ran out of memory and swap.... and crashed.

So please report any kind of errors or flaws that you find; either in this thread or via the contact form.

MikeG

Someone should discuss the advantages of OS/2-eCS as a server.  ;D

kim

True true; Well actually I think that during the last couple of days we have been able to cross off every single Murphy's law of things that can go wrong.... and I sure hope now that the current installation should run as it should (knock knock on wood).

kim

There still seems to be something wierd with the mysql conection since you might once a while notice that the entire page or parts of the content isn't loaded as it should. So we're trying to figure out why this happends.

Claus Kvolsgaard Jensen

Hey.

A little tip. IBM's TSM software can save you for a lot trouble when you restore.

Kvolsgaard