• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Frustrated still. Need to vent. Do we have tools for this???

Started by NNYITGuy, 2009.05.24, 09:00:13

Previous topic - Next topic

NNYITGuy

Hello all,

I spend a lot of time on special projects for solutions using eCS for a platform.  And with so many times, over and over again, I spend so much time on the troubleshooting many config - install issues for the tools that I want to use.  I get so weary I just need to get away from it for a while.  Many of you know this, this is a kind of burn out and temporary ughhh and you just need to get on adn do something else. 

Once I find the solution, our beloved eCS and the rest of the solution is really quite solid and very reliable.  That is the main reason that I still try to use eCS for solutions in my office and beyond.  The second reason is the community of fellow eCS / OS2 users.  We seem to be unique and deversified and very interesting to talk and work with.  Over all I really like what we have and share!

Back to the reason I started this thread.  Is there a tool that we can use that test the various configs for environment and libs for most of the various apps that we have for eCS?  If not, could we build a test tool that had a replaceable module with config settings that would have the parameters for the environment and libs and other things that we nee to test for when we have problems?

Thank you all,
NNYITGuy
Todd J Simpson (IT Consultant)
Business Automation Technologies
(Professional Products and Services.  Business to Business...)

Ben

There are, (or were), a number of CONFIG.SYS analysis tools available.

However, I do not believe that they have been updated in a long time.

They are still available on
Hobbes:

ConfigMaint/2

Config Sort

Config Tool

ConfigEdit/2

and Tyra if I'm not mistaken of the name, are all such tools.

While I do not think that these do exactly what you want to do, they may be a good place to start and maybe you can modify them to suit your needs.

I hope this helps you.