• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Scrolling with Mouse wheel

Started by eilygre, 2011.05.10, 12:04:15

Previous topic - Next topic

eilygre

Sometimes (too often) the scroll wheel change behavior. It start scrolling sideways in the browser window or in Open Office text window. I can't see that the mouse setup gives that as an option. I must have done something that changes the behavior and I should of course have been able to change the behavior back. The only solution so far has been to reboot. Or ...?

sXwamp

It's happens to me also, after I switched over to a USB mouse -- never happened with a PS/2 mouse.

hecom

Quote from: sXwamp on 2011.05.10, 13:59:37

It's happens to me also, after I switched over to a USB mouse -- never happened with a PS/2 mouse.

It's happening when you push the adequate button on your mouse.

eilygre

Thank you, but not good to know what is the adequate button. But anyway, I tried the different buttons on the left side of my mouse. One of them changed to the next window that was open and at the same time changed the behavior of the scroll wheel. The others had no effect on anything. One button with a magnifying glass, and two with an arrow up and down. The up arrow changed the behavior and changed the window.

rudi

Assuming that you guys are using the AMOUSE driver: Open the mouse properties and disable all actions associated to buttons not physically present on your pointing device.

The Blue Warper

If you have XCenter running and the AMouse widget installed, then pressing the central mouse button will change the scrolling direction (vertical/horizontal).  I wonder if you accidentally incurred in this situation.

Regards