• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Non-Computer topic

Started by turtle_moon, 2009.06.04, 04:16:01

Previous topic - Next topic

cyber

Quote from: Saijin_Naib on 2009.06.10, 01:41:32
I've always loved PalmOS but I passed on the Centro. The keys were far too tiny for my hands and it was more PDA than phone. I'd like it to be phone up-front, ready to dial and then with all the PDA stuff in the menus, much like the Samsung Eternity.

The Pre looks fantastic, but I must wait until it is available for GSM providers.

I've choose SE M600i some years ago because of QWERTY, but now, I'm almost no use it at all, because UIQ3 OS have very good handwriting recognising abbility. I was only need to learn how to write some special characters like ;:čćž,... As PalmOS have handwriting recognition too, and Pree introduce some new funtionality, I doubt that You will really need larger size keyboard. And for phone-ready-to-dial search software solution.

warpcafe

Hi,

Quote from: cyber on 2009.06.10, 10:35:35
And I'm surprised that You never heard about Exit until now... It was become biggest music festival in Europe in few last years. Two dozen of stages, bunch of music styles and 200K+ peoples around.

ah, you know... I'm not following these event things THAT much.
But whenever I hear about the festivals in the news/TV/radio, it's mostly "Rock am Ring", Roskilde and some others I don't recall right now.
But "Exit"... really never got to know about it. And anyway... at age 43 with 2 kids... festivals is not really my "focus" any more. :)

Cheers,
Thomas
"It is not worth an intelligent man's time to be in the majority.
By definition, there are already enough people to do that"
- G.H. Hardy

warpcafe

Hi,

Quote from: cyber on 2009.06.10, 10:51:21
As PalmOS have handwriting recognition too, and Pree introduce some new funtionality, I doubt that You will really need larger size keyboard.

...one moment!!
Does that mean that I can use the "graffiti" gestures I learned from my Palm on a Pre? That would be cool!

Regards,
Thomas
"It is not worth an intelligent man's time to be in the majority.
By definition, there are already enough people to do that"
- G.H. Hardy

cyber

Quote from: warpcafe on 2009.06.10, 13:46:57

ah, you know... I'm not following these event things THAT much.
But whenever I hear about the festivals in the news/TV/radio, it's mostly "Rock am Ring", Roskilde and some others I don't recall right now.
But "Exit"... really never got to know about it. And anyway... at age 43 with 2 kids... festivals is not really my "focus" any more. :)

Damn, I delayed with informing ! :)  Baby Exit is just finished. It was maybe ten stages with childern theaters, music and dancing. :)
I was there in first rows with two mine kids, and real Exit I've probably just pass like 8 last ones. :)

cyber

Quote from: warpcafe on 2009.06.10, 13:49:56
...one moment!!
Does that mean that I can use the "graffiti" gestures I learned from my Palm on a Pre? That would be cool!

I think that such "gestures" isn't actual any more (but maybe is 'backward compatibile':)). I can not yet tell for Pre, but tendecies in hand recognition is that You normaly write everything. Those hand devices now have 600+MHz double/triple/quadro core, 8+Gb memory, and when they isn't runing by Windows mobile it mean that they have enough power for very complicated tasks.
Iphone is oposite interface, it has touch screen but You can't write or have precise touch. 

WarpWorld

Što bi rekla ona reklama- True,true  ;)

cyber

Ideš možda ti na Exit ?

WarpWorld

Nemam neko preveliko interesovanje za tu pop/rock glazbu...

lanlananhanh123

Hi all.let's come here to see

jep

Hi,

what interesting can we expect to find behind the cloaked link (light color that look almost the same as the background) in the message above?

Hmm, do we get help to finance a car loan?!

//jep

nam: lanlananhanh123
usr: avail
jnd: 19 jun
pst: 1/1
spm: 51%
mod: wtch