• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

CE2mp3

Started by cyber, 2009.06.12, 12:05:45

Previous topic - Next topic

Batchheizer

CE2MP3 can't convert files with ' (in name nand/or path) for Example: "Manfred Mann's Earth Band - You Angel You.wav"

CDRWSel

Quote from: cyber on 2009.06.17, 15:31:22
To CDRWSel:

I know... all started simple and easy lot years ago, and then suddenly I was lost in bunch of options and possibilities CDRWSel give two years ago (in non public releases). As I mostly need only sixt option (6/), and then was no multisession support built in, I wrote my own script for that (if You remember Napalm), and give up with CDRWSel. :) 
More friendly meny will for sure help. CDRWSel is now more like set of applications related to burn and manipulate audio/video files.

Hi nice to read you. Yes I remember.
Right, it isn't multisession but I should be able to make it possible to run a burn process while converting multimedia files. I just disabled this possibility to prevent user error into the GUI (easy solution but obviously the bad solution) 
Yes, it is a GUI in the way you wrote.

cyber

Quote from: Batchheizer on 2009.06.17, 18:12:11
CE2MP3 can't convert files with ' (in name nand/or path) for Example: "Manfred Mann's Earth Band - You Angel You.wav"

My trusty old 40Gb HDD died yesterday... so... few days longer.  >:(

cyber

Quote from: Batchheizer on 2009.06.17, 18:12:11

Fixed (both text and GUI versions), also fix default values for GUI.  8)

BTW... could You please ul any ogg with taginfo for me to test ?

cyber

Quote from: CDRWSel on 2009.06.17, 23:58:39
Hi nice to read you. Yes I remember.
Right, it isn't multisession but I should be able to make it possible to run a burn process while converting multimedia files. I just disabled this possibility to prevent user error into the GUI (easy solution but obviously the bad solution) 
Yes, it is a GUI in the way you wrote.

But multisession is very usable funtion ? I often do backups to DVD or CD in parts (small sizes every few days). Now I lost my primary drive, but nothing of important data was lost. Or I do not know yet.  :o
Only thing I wasn't implement is burn on the fly.

jep

Hi cyber,

can you give us an example how you wrote the code to handle file names with '.

In what way has the main drive failed (physical as in scratchings, crc32, clunky sound) or soft (fs can't repair damaged structure).

If it's accessible, try dfsee to recover data.
Try "Warp 4 Remote Install" via diskette if you can't add another hdd to the machine and cd boot refuse to work, select networking appropriate for your setup. Stop when it's supposed to access CD, use recovery tools from there on.

//wysiwyg

cyber

Quote from: jep on 2009.06.22, 15:38:47
can you give us an example how you wrote the code to handle file names with '.

PARSE VALUE REVERSE( FILESPEC( "N", v1ideost ) ) WITH ."."fname
fname = REVERSE( fname )
gname='"'fname'.mp3"'
FFmpeg_pth' -i 'v1ideost tmap' -acodec libmp3lame -ac 2 -ar 'tsample' -ab 'strip(tbit)'k -vol 256 'gname

and before intervention was gname="'"fname'.mp3'"

Problem was just in passing new name to FFmpeg,  it was like ffmpeg -i input.file -switches 'output with spaces.mp3'
and when output file contain ['] then this look like 'output' was lost.mp3'   so FFmpeg cannot handle this because need extension for codecs...
Now it will be "output wasn't lost.mp3", and will work.

In what way has the main drive failed (physical as in scratchings, crc32, clunky sound) or soft (fs can't repair damaged structure).

It has partition corruption problems, bad blocks and non accessible data right after copying there. It isn't all partitions included, one with 16 Gb seems to work OK even now.

If it's accessible, try dfsee to recover data.
Try "Warp 4 Remote Install" via diskette if you can't add another hdd to the machine and cd boot refuse to work, select networking appropriate for your setup. Stop when it's supposed to access CD, use recovery tools from there on.

I'm pretty sure that I have all important data back-uped, last of them on two different DVD media and one old 4Gb HDD. And this old 40 Gb probaly even Jan van Wijk will not want to rescue  :'( ... because is from time when I have 486DX4, and BIOS doesn't recognise such big disks... so I make to represent as only 16 Gb. Only windozes never complain about this disk, because use BIOS values. :)

Batchheizer

Quote from: cyber on 2009.06.22, 13:36:58
BTW... could You please ul any ogg with taginfo for me to test ?
You can create and tag any ogg-file with vorbiscomment from http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/download/pub/os2/apps/mmedia/sound/convert/oggvorbis-1.0.1-os2.zip or other (up-to-date) packages.

WPI is ready. Which license has CE2MP3? Or should I omit the license-page?

There is now a problem with finding ffmpeg.exe:

RC=0M:\Manfred Mann's Earth Band\Best of I+II>C:\TOOLS\M600\ffmpeg.exe -i "M:\Ma
nfred Mann's Earth Band\Best of I+II\You Angel You.WAV"
SYS0003: Der angegebene Pfad konnte nicht gefunden werden. (Path not found...)

ffmpeg and ce2mp3 are in the same dir (also in PATH).

Did you change anything concerning the path of ffmpeg.exe?

The version-number in the head of the scripts seem to be incorrect.

Handling of ' functions fine.

Please change the name of GUI-Version to "CD2MP3GUI.cmd" (or so) - so easy updating is possible.

CDRWSel

But multisession is very usable funtion ? I often do backups to DVD or CD in parts (small sizes every few days). Now I lost my primary drive, but nothing of important data was lost. Or I do not know yet.  :o
Only thing I wasn't implement is burn on the fly.

Ok, I'll work on it again and review "backup" facilities due you used it a lot  ;)

cyber

Quote from: Batchheizer on 2009.06.22, 21:48:53
You can create and tag any ogg-file with vorbiscomment from http://hobbes.nmsu.edu/download/pub/os2/apps/mmedia/sound/convert/oggvorbis-1.0.1-os2.zip or other (up-to-date) packages.
I know... I want to test wider range of such media...
There is one more format that can have taginfo; WMA, but I found only mplayer showing taginfo, and not in very usable format.

WPI is ready. Which license has CE2MP3? Or should I omit the license-page?

I wasn't think about that... should be opensource, free to use and modify to anyone in OS/2 eCS comunity.
Wouldn't wait for me to try 'tag updating' version ?

There is now a problem with finding ffmpeg.exe:
RC=0M:\Manfred Mann's Earth Band\Best of I+II>C:\TOOLS\M600\ffmpeg.exe -i "M:\Ma
nfred Mann's Earth Band\Best of I+II\You Angel You.WAV"
SYS0003: Der angegebene Pfad konnte nicht gefunden werden. (Path not found...)

ffmpeg and ce2mp3 are in the same dir (also in PATH).
Did you change anything concerning the path of ffmpeg.exe?
Oposite: I forgot to change (to strip my own path)... just replace C:\TOOLS\M600\ffmpeg.exe with ffmpeg.exe and will work. Or download attach here.

The version-number in the head of the scripts seem to be incorrect.
Please change the name of GUI-Version to "CD2MP3GUI.cmd" (or so) - so easy updating is possible.

Fixed...

Batchheizer

Quote from: cyber on 2009.06.23, 09:38:19
There is one more format that can have taginfo; WMA, but I found only mplayer showing taginfo, and not in very usable format.
ExifTool (on hobbes) can read WMA/WMV-Tags. Simple create another assocation to WMA/WMV. Hope it runs fine.

I wasn't think about that... should be opensource, free to use and modify to anyone in OS/2 eCS comunity.
Wouldn't wait for me to try 'tag updating' version ?
Yes, I'll wait. So I take GPL-License.

Is there a way to reduce the files needed for the GUI-version. Now it needs VREXX.exe (in Path?) and two DLLs (in Libpath?). Is there a way to create a simple EXE from the GUI-script?

GUI should be able to cancel the process. Now ESC goes to next parameter-window. If GUI-Version is started in background (only parameter-windows are displayed, and only this makes sense for a GUI) no question of ffmpeg (overwrite existing file) is show to the user. Can you catch the output of ffmpeg in a fine way? So questions and progress will be displayed to the user.

cyber

Quote from: CDRWSel on 2009.06.23, 00:11:15
Ok, I'll work on it again and review "backup" facilities due you used it a lot  ;)

Hey, as I start my own "program" it is to late for me, but I really beleive that our community need Your application, and as You wasn't make public releases for years it would be a 'killer' package.

cyber

Quote from: Batchheizer on 2009.06.23, 11:17:53
ExifTool (on hobbes) can read WMA/WMV-Tags. Simple create another assocation to WMA/WMV. Hope it runs fine.

Thanks.

Is there a way to reduce the files needed for the GUI-version. Now it needs VREXX.exe (in Path?) and two DLLs (in Libpath?). Is there a way to create a simple EXE from the GUI-script?

I think that this can be converted to exe, and be complete. In other way, VRexx and dll's can reside in same path as convertor.
There will be then another problem, path statement for ffmpeg will be 'hard-coded' in to exe, and also now You have abillity to change directory where to look first(f.e. c:\dowload\music), so when start convertor without paramethar, it will open file dialog in this directory (as in example in c:\dowload\music). So in this case extra code is needed... to store such values in EA (like Jep suggested) or in separate cfg file (looks more easy to me).

GUI should be able to cancel the process. Now ESC goes to next parameter-window.

Aha. This could be done easy.

If GUI-Version is started in background (only parameter-windows are displayed, and only this makes sense for a GUI) no question of ffmpeg (overwrite existing file) is show to the user.

OK, one more funtion of checking does target file already exist will solve this. It can be overwriten, or got new name ?

But I wasn't ever think about starting cmd in background, if You want to keep quality as much as it is possible, then You will make convert to same bitrate and samplerate... and this is what ffmpeg -i source file will show You when start convertor ?

Can you catch the output of ffmpeg in a fine way? So questions and progress will be displayed to the user.

This is something I do not have idea how... Calling Dr Jep ?

Or do not make it such complex.  ;)

jep

Ring, ring... someone calling?!  ;D

Output from some app can be routed through rexxqueue, but the annoying thing that many experience is that it usually halt the queue processing until all is done, something that is less desirable. You want the output when the app write it to stdout (screen) and it has to be handled asynchronously, while rexxqueue does it synchronously.

There are various packages that can help you out that's written for rexx to deal with ipc (Inter Process Communication), but they seem "low level" and as such, often allow you to do everything, in 10 000 or so, easy (or not) steps with many params that has to be provided with the right settings (C/C++ like thinking). How to get there is beyond me, but RobertM may be your guy to explain how to deal with those.

Anyway, I got so frustrated that I started to write a rexx dll that would handle it with just a few parameters, but stumbled on how to start a thread and then how to reroute the output back to a rexx queue in a proper way, but noone came to may aid.

If you (or get someone else to) can show me a working example how to create a proper thread, signal back and forth how various messages and handle pipes, then I'll gladly write it! I'll even add some more useful functions later on that does things in a more rexx-friendly way.

Example what one has to use:
OS/2 Programming Toolkit
Book: Control Program Programming Guide and Reference (cp3.inf)
Chapter: Pipes->Using named Pipes->Redirecting Standard I/O for Child Processes
Functions:DosDupHandle
DosCreatePipe
DosExecPgm
etc.

+ Thread and thread communication

//Jan-Erik

cyber

No FFmpeg output in CE2MP3 !!! ... sit and wait !  ;D 
There is one other thing... it can be some progres indicator in directory process mode, depending on files being processed, file size... or something ?

GUI should be able to cancel the process. Now ESC goes to next parameter-window.
Aha. This could be done easy

It looks like it will be easy. I rewritten allmost whole script. chasing typos.

If GUI-Version is started in background (only parameter-windows are displayed, and only this makes sense for a GUI) no question of ffmpeg (overwrite existing file) is show to the user.
OK, one more funtion of checking does target file already exist will solve this. It can be overwriten, or got new name ?

Next thing in line...