• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

The New Hobbes

Started by Ben, 2008.09.06, 17:28:26

Previous topic - Next topic

kim

Quote from: Bill Scarlett on 2008.09.06, 19:24:19
I too find it impossible to download from at present.   I will just keep hoping.  I was being asked for a password at one stage but I am not sure whether that was Hobbes or Firefox 3.1 (?). Anyway Keep hoping!!

While it might not solve the problem; but I assume the existing mirrors would solve the issue to download (if they're still able to mirror the site); I usually make use of the mirror at Sunet.se -> http://ftp.sunet.se/pub/os/OS2/hobbes/

RobertM

Quote from: oli on 2009.07.09, 22:15:01
Quote from: IBManners on 2009.07.07, 07:21:06
Hi Ólafur,

Apologies, putting Oli in quotes wasn't meant to be negative or derogatory, just a way of referring to what you said.
I also didn't know who I was referring.

No apologies needed, it was just weird to look at, anyhow I have always meant to send you a note thanking you for keeping the OS2site going all these years, has saved my behind quite a few times, since you are here might just as well do it now

And since I am already off topic, I ported CSOUND to OS/2 a few years back since a the time I did not have a Windows PC, any point in releasing it ?

Is anyone using ecs for music creation these days ?

I do off and on, and play with Ceres Sound Studio (but get mixed results when I record into it... things get compressed or stretched (twice normal speed or half speed... cant remember which... think it was twice normal speed).

So I am looking for alternatives...

Best,
Robert

|
|
Kirk's 5 Year Mission Continues at:
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|

Ben

I for one, would love to have more audio editing tools for OS/2.

Most of the ones out there now are pretty limited in capabilities and throwing another into the mix can only help.

In short, I do audio editing and I would use it.

IBManners

Hi Ólafur,

Thank you for the thanks :-)

Any recent audio editing tools for OS/2 would be very welcome.

Cheers
Ian
I am the computer, it is me.