• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Wireless device lost on reset

Started by buca, 2009.07.24, 03:19:14

Previous topic - Next topic

buca

Hello to all, this is my first post. First sorry for my english.

Yesterday I was using wireless connection normally, buy I have to do a reset... and then Xwlan monitor says to me that no driver. Cheking properties in tab devices no devices shows.

Loading the system genmac shows than driver is loaded.

Can you help me? I do not want to reinstall the system another time  :-\ (it's working fine 2 months ago)

Thanks

cyber

You can try making questions in You native language too.  But I think Your english isn't bad. :)

At first, driver should not be able to disappear.  Did Your OS make chkdsk and place some files in FOUND0 (or similar directory in root) after this fatal reset ?

Usualy there is no need to install whole system, installing just network driver should be enough.

buca

while ecomstation is loading, it shows that the driver is loaded (genmac bla bla "WRND32$ ")

I think that driver is loaded, but xwlan wildget says "no driver loaded"

Is another layer driver between genmac and xwlan? I can check that.

warpcafe

Hi buca,

not sure if I understood correctly... when you say "reset", does that mean a "reset button" kind of thing or ctrl-alt-delete? If this is the case:
- it might be that the hardware (WiFi) didn't re-initialize correctly
- try power-down (switch off) the machine and leave it off for at least 10 seconds after all LEDs are out
- turn power back on

Sorry if this doesn't fit your description... regards,
Thomas
"It is not worth an intelligent man's time to be in the majority.
By definition, there are already enough people to do that"
- G.H. Hardy

EugeneGorbunoff

do you have ACPI driver?

is it ACPI 3.14? or old ACPI 3.05 for example?

There is a problem with some versions of ACPI:
after reboot network adapter doesn't work.

What to do?
Simply keep this knowledge in ACPI DB.

Fill form:
http://ecomstation.ru/projects/acpitools/download/acpi-db-form.txt

Download ACPI DB:

buca

Yes, warpcafe

I reseted it with the reset  button, but in another partition I have Windows installed and works. Yes I have the computer some hours stopped, but in wondows works, in ecs don't.

Maybe Eugene has the solution, before the problem I updated the ACPI from 3.16 debug to 3.16 full (WPI package)

Some iddeas Eugene?

Thank you

Pete

Hi buca

I've found the acpi x3.15/3.16 builds to be particularly useless on my system so suggest you backlevel to a known working version - v3.14 maybe.

Regards

Pete

buca

Well, you are helpful

I revert ACPI to 3.15 and doesn't works, but suppresing all options in ACPI.PSD then ... ta! da! works wireless

At the moment I will continue trying options to view that happen.

Thank you to all

cyber

When You reach desired stable solution, consider about making full backup of system.  This way, anything goes wrong, or You make mess, revert is very easy. :)

buca

After many changes I concluded that problem was the load of drivers, REMming and unREMming lines in config.sys (such audio, virtualbox drivers) make to wireless device works or not visible by Wireless LAN Monitor.

Some ideas for loading all drivers with no problems?

RobertM

Quote from: buca on 2009.07.30, 03:59:44
After many changes I concluded that problem was the load of drivers, REMming and unREMming lines in config.sys (such audio, virtualbox drivers) make to wireless device works or not visible by Wireless LAN Monitor.

Some ideas for loading all drivers with no problems?

Perhaps one of these two?
(1) Try changing the load order.
(2) Look for resource conflicts (and fix if possible)

|
|
Kirk's 5 Year Mission Continues at:
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|