• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

eCS pre-loaded laptops

Started by Blonde Guy, 2009.11.28, 18:48:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Blonde Guy

Blonde Guy Computers are back in production after a busy consulting season. On the website, you will find a couple of machines ready to ship.

http://www.blondeguy.com/ComputersForSale.html

Speebopeep is an IBM Thinkpad T43 with a 2.0 GHz CPU, 2.0 GB RAM, an 120 GB hard drive, a DVD-multi-burner drive, an extended battery pack and a high resolution 14 inch SVGA+ display.

Furbopeep is an IBM Thinkpad T43 with a 2.0 GHz CPU, 2.0 GB RAM, an 120 GB hard drive, a DVD-multi-burner drive and a high resolution 15 inch SVGA+ display.

Blonde Guy Computers come with eCS installed and configured and many applications, including OpenOffice.org 3.11 and RSJ CD-Writer installed as well.

If you don't see what you want on the website, please tell me what you'd like to see when you buy your next eCS computer.
Expert Consulting for OS/2 and eComStation

Saijin_Naib

Hey Neil, have you had an luck getting eCS to boot on Core i5/i7 based laptops (intel P45 chipset)?

I tried extensively on my friends new i7 build but I could not get it to get past one of the hardware snoopers *.SNP.

Is this due to greater than 4gb of RAM (8gb), the P45 chipset itself, or some other issue?

Blonde Guy

I have had success with G43 series, but I don't think the G43 can run i7. In fact, I thought you needed P55 to run i7...

But I'll wait for someone to report some kind of success with an i7 before I try to get every single OS/2 feature to work on a system.

Saijin_Naib

Wow, right, p55 my mistake :P

Have you come across any VIA CPU laptops to test? I had a VIA CPU netbook but due to USB boot issues could not test eCS.

ModZilla

If I sent my Z77 could you update it with Warp 4 Server, ECS or??? -has win2kPro now
but that runs like a slug...
someday os2 will be ruled by the young and famous-at least in the open-source world!

Blonde Guy

That depends. What is a Z77?

Google says it's a Casio camera. In that case, no.