• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

lSwitcher version 2.71 beta 0

Started by miturbide, 2009.11.03, 04:30:03

Previous topic - Next topic

miturbide

http://www.os2world.com/content/view/19402/2/

This files cames with the following readme. I really like LSwitcher, I'm a user of it. basically because it is a nice Alt-tab tool. The good thing is that it is open source.

lSwitcher for OS/2, Version 2.71 beta 0

Copyright (C) 1997-2009  Andrei Los

This is most likely the last release of lSwitcher. It looks like I will not have any
more spare time to continue its development. I am also not sure there are enough users
to appreciate the beauty of OS/2, and I am not sure there is a need in this program
anymore. I feel, however, that I need to make the latest binaries and source code
public as there are some useful features compared to V 2.70, and this was quite an
effort at the time to implement these features. The active development stopped a
couple of years, and I think the program was quite stable. There was no public testing
though, so I call this release a beta. Also, I am not sure the widget is compatible
with the latest XWorkplace, but you can give it a try! There is no new documentation
but I hope the readme file from the earlier version will be sufficient to get started.
Good luck to all you OS/2 users out there!

Andrei

p.s. You can drop me a note if you want at avl111  at  yahoo  period  com

Obsfucated email -Rob
Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Open Source Advocate

Skype - martiniturbide
Google Talk - martiniturbide@gmail.com

Saijin_Naib

Good app. Glad to see it open sourced, but sad to see the developer depart.

Glenn

Let Andrei know there IS a need for LSwitcher. It's always one of the first apps I install after intalling eCS. I like the taskbar icons to be grouped together for the same application, which keeps the bar readable and, AFAIK, is not a functionality that is included in the basic eWPS/XWP taskbar. That, the nicer look, the internal consistency with the Alt+Tab functions, makes me wish that LSwitcher were installed and activated as part of eCS. I really hope someone will continue developing this small, but powerful add-on.