• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

DevCon: Discuss ACPI with the developers of the driver

Started by warpcafe, 2009.09.10, 15:53:14

Previous topic - Next topic

warpcafe

Hi Sigurd,

(now it happend to me that I couldn't access this thread in the "usual" way)

the sad thing about this is that "they" don't see a problem in all this.
No, "they" don't need help - just users who are more "professional".

Regards,
Thomas
"It is not worth an intelligent man's time to be in the majority.
By definition, there are already enough people to do that"
- G.H. Hardy

Sigurd

Hi Thomas,

and this is what exactly was my opinion in these two "big discussion" threads about the future of ecomstation I initiated some time ago.

Now you may understand why I felt the way I felt then, even if there has been another "target" that time, but if I think about it - ACPI is one major part of eCS 2.0 developement...  ;)

What did help me to overcome this - it was just TIME , .....    some time to calm down and think about the REAL important things in Life one has (for each and everyone it is something else) :)

So,

Take it easy altes Haus -

you may remember Truck Stop  ;)  (I hope a "german insider" is allowed to be mentioned)

Sigurd

warpcafe

Hi,

Quote from: Sigurd on 2009.09.11, 14:12:55
Take it easy altes Haus -
you may remember Truck Stop  ;)  (I hope a "german insider" is allowed to be mentioned)

german insiders are welcome. But this one puts me in a difficult position:
If I say "I remember", it will remind me how old I already am... :)

Cheers,
Thomas
"It is not worth an intelligent man's time to be in the majority.
By definition, there are already enough people to do that"
- G.H. Hardy

LErdmann

Hi,

I very much second that Thomas has to say about how the ACPI developer team goes about in gathering feedback.
The way they are trying is doomed to fail: they try to answer every individual and help them with their problem.
What I would need is a place where I can offload my investigations, observations and assumptions and I better documentation of what the entries in ACPI.CFG and the ACPI.PSD parameters really do inside and what the entries in the ACPICA.LOG mean.
I HAVE read through the ACPI specification, I used iasl.exe to dump the ACPI tables to my system, I modified them, recompiled them with iasl.exe and loaded them as replacement via the FILE keyword in ACPI.CFG etc. so I have a pretty good idea of how to test what. But I need a place other than the bugreport list (that has become very long) to give some hopefully good input (for example my observations on this system with eCS and WinXP running via bootmanager to narrow down the general errors that ACPI.PSD seems to have.

Lars