• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Hopkins:FBI

Started by Quique, 2009.10.06, 14:25:59

Previous topic - Next topic

Quique

I am looking for Hopkins:FBI for OS/2, I sent an email to Polyex but their replied was "unfortunatley sales were not very good so we stopped selling it".

anyone have a copy they want to sell?

Thks,
Enrique

Paul Smedley

Quote from: Quique on 2009.10.06, 14:25:59
I am looking for Hopkins:FBI for OS/2, I sent an email to Polyex but their replied was "unfortunatley sales were not very good so we stopped selling it".

anyone have a copy they want to sell?

I'm pretty sure I have it somewhere, I'll try remember to take a look...

Quique

that would be great.

miturbide

...I remember sometime ago that I was unable to run Hopking on Warp 4.52 or eCS.

Is there a trick to make it run ?

Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Open Source Advocate

Skype - martiniturbide
Google Talk - martiniturbide@gmail.com

chennecke

Here it starts up but crashes soon after. And the option dialog displays some drawing problems. Looks like a driver issue to me. Maybe it would help to use a lower resolution / color depth. I'm running at 1600x1200x64k.

Robert Deed

Alot (most) older DIVE applications will fail to run in high resolutions.  I have never tested the specifics of it, but I know when I upgraded to my 20"  1600x1200 monitor all older DIVE games stopped working in native resolution (1600x1200x16.7m)  (simcity 2000, hopkins fbi, the older stardock games) If I reverted it back down to 1024x768 it would work but would require a reboot.  At one point I meant to give it a looksy to see if I could patch dive in some way to function at the higher resolutions however I stopped running eCS when my machine suffered a fairly major failure.  However I am going to have some free time again to setup my older computer again and get back at it.   Give it a try using a lower resolution (color depth shouldn't really matter as long as it meets the games minimum requirements).

Best of luck to you.

Quote from: chennecke on 2009.10.15, 12:15:07
Here it starts up but crashes soon after. And the option dialog displays some drawing problems. Looks like a driver issue to me. Maybe it would help to use a lower resolution / color depth. I'm running at 1600x1200x64k.