• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Reset the default os/2 password

Started by prem055, 2009.10.13, 15:03:34

Previous topic - Next topic

prem055

Hi

could someone let me know how to reset the default user id /password without reinstalling OS/2

jep

Hi,

Rexx Tips & Tricks can help you with the wps password:
http://www.markcrocker.com/rexxtipsntricks/rxtt28.2.0321.html

Hmm, but rexx has to be functional during boot to use it, something that may not be available in Warp 4 and earlier, haven't checked eCS though, but It may be possible there.

//Jan-Erik

DougB

If you mean the desktop password, from the Desktop guide:

QuoteIf for some reason or another you forget your password, the following steps can help you recover.

To recover from a forgotten password:

1.Turn on your computer. If it is already on, press Ctrl+Alt+Del.
2.Watch the upper-left corner of the screen. When you see a small white box, press Alt+F1.
3.When you see the Recover Choices screen, press F2.
4.Type CD\OS2; then press Enter.
5.Type MAKEINI OS2.INI LOCK.RC; then press Enter.
6.When you see the Successful completion message, restart your computer by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del at the same time. Your lockup password is removed. Now you can set another password.

Note:     Because it is easy to remove a lockup password, it should not be your only means of protecting the information on your computer. Use the Lockup feature in combination with other security features provided with your computer, such as a power-on password or a keylock.

If you mean the File and Print Client, in eCS you can use the Local System-> Install Remove-> Post Installation tasks to create a new administrator ID and password. I haven't actually tried that, but you may need to fist remove the Access control file. Go to a command line, and do NET HELP BACKACC, NET HELP FIXACC, and NET HELP RESTACC. I think something there should give you an idea. Chances are that doing that will initialize your network to all defaults, so you will need to set it up again.

mobybrick

If it's the IBM LAN password you need, let me know, and I'll send you a copy of my 'Emergency Administrator Add Facility' which works for both local and domain databases. Does exactly what it the name implies and works when no-one is logged on.

Moby.

RobertM

Quote from: mobybrick on 2009.10.15, 14:15:37
If it's the IBM LAN password you need, let me know, and I'll send you a copy of my 'Emergency Administrator Add Facility' which works for both local and domain databases. Does exactly what it the name implies and works when no-one is logged on.

Moby.

Take it from someone who ran into this probem, Moby's Utility is a lifesaver!

|
|
Kirk's 5 Year Mission Continues at:
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|

prem055

mobybrick

You'll need to send me your e-mail address...

Moby

prem055

mobybrick

JHod

If anyone has that tool that Mobybrick mentioned, I'd appreciate a copy.  Thanks!

mobybrick

Hi,

I've sent it to you...

Moby.

Quote from: JHod on 2009.11.13, 00:53:27
If anyone has that tool that Mobybrick mentioned, I'd appreciate a copy.  Thanks!

JHod

Thanks much, it's a big help, and it solved my problem.

mseckin

Moby -  Can I get a copy of your utility please?  Thanks...

(his forum username)@msn.com

mobybrick

Hi,

Just sent it to you... let us know how you get on!

Regards,
Moby.

Quote from: mseckin on 2010.10.20, 21:39:15
Moby -  Can I get a copy of your utility please?  Thanks...

(his forum username)@msn.com

grego7

Moby,
Can you please send me the utility?

(user name)@gmail.com

Thanks.