• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

OpenGL ddk

Started by tj81, 2009.11.07, 18:17:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is more important to you for OpenGL?

High precision rendering
4 (19%)
Sacrificing precision for render speed
6 (28.6%)
A balance between the two (IF possible)
11 (52.4%)

Total Members Voted: 0

demetrioussharpe

I created a sourceforge project for GL/2. I have to work on the homepage & upload the source code for OPENGL.dll(pgl). I sent an email to netlabs to ask about hosting my project there, but I didn't get a response & got tired of waiting, so sourceforge it is. I'm going with svn for the code repo.
The difference between what COULD be achieved & what IS achieved
is directly relational to what you COULD be doing & what you ARE doing!

jep

Draw something (line, font, square or...) into a hps, then grab it and use the resulting bitmap.

Joachim

Quote from: demetrioussharpe on 2010.11.23, 04:11:45
I created a sourceforge project for GL/2. I have to work on the homepage & upload the source code for OPENGL.dll(pgl). I sent an email to netlabs to ask about hosting my project there, but I didn't get a response & got tired of waiting, so sourceforge it is. I'm going with svn for the code repo.

Hi Dee,

that is unfortunate. It would be preferable to keep 'everything' at Netlabs SVN but I understand your urge to move forward.
Would you mind posting the SourceForge URL here?

Thanks,

Joachim

ktk

I sent an email to netlabs to ask about hosting my project there, but I didn't get a response & got tired of waiting, so sourceforge it is. I'm going with svn for the code repo.

Hmm I checked my inbox for both your name and the topic OpenGL but I really can't find any mail from you asking for a repo. When did you send that where? I don't delete emails and I really can't remember that I got asked for an OpenGL repo.

warpcafe

"It is not worth an intelligent man's time to be in the majority.
By definition, there are already enough people to do that"
- G.H. Hardy

demetrioussharpe

Quote from: jep on 2010.11.24, 09:53:13
Draw something (line, font, square or...) into a hps, then grab it and use the resulting bitmap.

Thanks, I didn't even consider that. Though, that's the technique I'm trying to use for pglUseFont(). However, the issue that I'm running into is how to grab the resulting bitmap. Though, it looks like I may have found the GPI function to accomplish this. If I'm correct, I'll be able to use that technique in GLRASTER.dll as you suggested.

demetrioussharpe

Quote from: ktk on 2010.11.24, 11:11:32
I sent an email to netlabs to ask about hosting my project there, but I didn't get a response & got tired of waiting, so sourceforge it is. I'm going with svn for the code repo.

Hmm I checked my inbox for both your name and the topic OpenGL but I really can't find any mail from you asking for a repo. When did you send that where? I don't delete emails and I really can't remember that I got asked for an OpenGL repo.

I sent the email on 4 Nov 10 to ktk@netlabs.org. The subject of it is:  GL/2 - OpenGL DDK hosting. I figured that you were busy with other OS/2 & eCS plans and just didn't have time to respond.

demetrioussharpe

I'm checking all of the code to ensure that the proper licenses are included at the top of the files. My initial checkin should happen before the end of tonight. I'm on US-Central time, so your timing may vary. If time permits, I maybe be complete much earlier.

abwillis

Quote from: demetrioussharpe on 2010.11.24, 15:57:06
I'm checking all of the code to ensure that the proper licenses are included at the top of the files. My initial checkin should happen before the end of tonight. I'm on US-Central time, so your timing may vary. If time permits, I maybe be complete much earlier.
Considering you have now heard from Adrian, I would humbly submit that it would be preferable to work with him and set the project on Netlabs rather than sourceforge considering that no files have been uploaded yet.
Andy

ktk

Quote from: demetrioussharpe on 2010.11.24, 15:53:27
I sent the email on 4 Nov 10 to ktk@netlabs.org. The subject of it is:  GL/2 - OpenGL DDK hosting. I figured that you were busy with other OS/2 & eCS plans and just didn't have time to respond.

Hmm just checked that day, can't find your email, sorry. My spam-folder deletes automatically after one week so I can't check anymore if it showed up there.

Anyway if you want one I will for sure help, if you stay with SF no bad feelings so just let me know what you prefer.

demetrioussharpe

Quote from: abwillis on 2010.11.24, 18:12:32
Quote from: demetrioussharpe on 2010.11.24, 15:57:06
Considering you have now heard from Adrian, I would humbly submit that it would be preferable to work with him and set the project on Netlabs rather than sourceforge considering that no files have been uploaded yet.
Andy

That would indeed be preferable. I really have little time to set up all of the crazy little features of SF or even as much as a homepage. Maybe I'll do a short write up of the project one day.

demetrioussharpe

Quote from: ktk on 2010.11.24, 18:20:38
Quote from: demetrioussharpe on 2010.11.24, 15:53:27

Hmm just checked that day, can't find your email, sorry. My spam-folder deletes automatically after one week so I can't check anymore if it showed up there.

Anyway if you want one I will for sure help, if you stay with SF no bad feelings so just let me know what you prefer.

Ok, sounds good. How do we proceed? My email address is my screen name here at netscape dot net.

demetrioussharpe

In lieu of netlabs access, I've uploaded the current sources of GL/2 to the sourceforge repo. Access to netlabs is in the works; once it's been granted to me, I will upload the codebase to that repo. What's included in the codebase so far is:

All of the headers in my development tree, courtesy of the openwatcom group.
OPENGL.dll, which resides in the pgl directory.

To compile this code, you will have to place the codebase into a directory, then update the openwatcom project include path to point to the include folder that comes with the gl2 checkout.

demetrioussharpe

Just so it's understood, my OPENGL.dll is not compatible with IBM's pipeline or raster components. Until my pipeline & raster components are uploaded, my OPENGL.dll will be useless. But the code is there for viewing. I'll work on pglUseFont() in the next few days & commit the changes to the repo.

demetrioussharpe

Learned about a feature of openwatcom that I wasn't aware of before. I'll be reorganizing the tree within the coming days. It'll be easier to insert the GLU library into OPENGL.dll.