• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

OpenGL ddk

Started by tj81, 2009.11.07, 18:17:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is more important to you for OpenGL?

High precision rendering
4 (19%)
Sacrificing precision for render speed
6 (28.6%)
A balance between the two (IF possible)
11 (52.4%)

Total Members Voted: 0

melf

Well, I can host them if you send them to me , me@os2world.com. I'll provide a link. Or just put them up in this forum.
/Mikael

Ben

Quote from: demetrioussharpe on 2011.02.12, 00:50:14
Though, it's really not a bad logo. It's nice & simple.

Unfortunately, logos have to be simple given the wide variety of uses they must serve, including still being able to look good when severely reduced.

Given that restriction alone, it has to be sort of big and blocky and not contain any fine, fancy work or it is either lost in the reduction, or falls apart looking... well... sometimes less than it was and other times... simply 'orrible!  :o

Of course, if someone has some very good, expensive, graphics software to work with, that limitation is not so limiting!
  :D

demetrioussharpe

Quote from: Ben on 2011.02.12, 02:48:01
Unfortunately, logos have to be simple given the wide variety of uses they must serve, including still being able to look good when severely reduced.

Given that restriction alone, it has to be sort of big and blocky and not contain any fine, fancy work or it is either lost in the reduction, or falls apart looking... well... sometimes less than it was and other times... simply 'orrible!  :o

Of course, if someone has some very good, expensive, graphics software to work with, that limitation is not so limiting![/color]  :D

Undoubtedly. I just wasn't expecting to like the first submission as much as I do. If there aren't any other submissions, I would be perfectly fine with this one.
The difference between what COULD be achieved & what IS achieved
is directly relational to what you COULD be doing & what you ARE doing!

Ben

Ack!

Well, from that I would deduce that my submission isn't going over all that well... HEhaahahha!

*coughs & grins & finally stops laughing*

Heheh... well, I have never claimed to be a graphics artist.  :D

Oh, that's just sooo funny!  :D

Don't take that the wrong way, now.

But... is there a little preview of this wonderful logo that you keep talking about, that we can all see? I mean, to inspire us all to greater, graphic, heights?

I mean, it's just sooo wrong to tease us all like this and not put out at the height of the tease... or should I say... at the "peak of the pique"... when you have us all so prepare... so aroused.  :D

I mean, show us the damn logo for chrissake!  ::)

Heheheh...

melf

/Mikael

Ben

Er... thanks, Melf!, but that not the logo Dee was talking about.. that's my weak attempt.

Where's the great one?

melf

/Mikael

demetrioussharpe

Quote from: Ben on 2011.02.12, 15:58:55
Er... thanks, Melf!, but that not the logo Dee was talking about.. that's my weak attempt.

Where's the great one?

Actually, I rather like this logo. The most important factor is that it's nothing at all like the OpenGL logo. It's not even similar to it. And, on top of that, it's rather simple. Not a whole lot to confuse the eyes. It gets it's point across rather nicely. You know, without a shadow of a doubt, what this logo represents.

Ben

Quote from: demetrioussharpe on 2011.02.13, 00:25:33
Actually, I rather like this logo. The most important factor is that it's nothing at all like the OpenGL logo. It's not even similar to it. And, on top of that, it's rather simple. Not a whole lot to confuse the eyes. It gets it's point across rather nicely. You know, without a shadow of a doubt, what this logo represents.

Well, thanks for that, Dee, but it couldn't have been the one that you were talking about, because I hadn't made it yet. Hehe. 8)

I guess that the first one will be shown at some point...

Be sure to post a reference to it...

demetrioussharpe

Quote from: Ben on 2011.02.13, 03:19:37
Quote from: demetrioussharpe on 2011.02.13, 00:25:33

Well, thanks for that, Dee, but it couldn't have been the one that you were talking about, because I hadn't made it yet. Hehe. 8)

I guess that the first one will be shown at some point...

Be sure to post a reference to it...

I didn't post until after I got the pic from your PM.

Ben

There's some frequency wandering going on here I think.  ;)

Let me see if I can clarify this a bit...

Sounds good to me! Ok, so far I have one additional judge & one submittion.

Your "& one submittion" [sic] means that you had to have at least one logo at that point.

It was that message that prompted me to create-and-submit mine... so there must be at least two logos at this point.

It is that first submission to which I refer(red)... and want(ed) to see.

jep

Hello Dee,

is there something we (users) can help you out with beside cheering you on?

//Jan-Erik

demetrioussharpe

Quote from: Ben on 2011.02.13, 14:14:31
There's some frequency wandering going on here I think.  ;)

Let me see if I can clarify this a bit...

Sounds good to me! Ok, so far I have one additional judge & one submittion.

Your "& one submittion" [sic] means that you had to have at least one logo at that point.

It was that message that prompted me to create-and-submit mine... so there must be at least two logos at this point.

It is that first submission to which I refer(red)... and want(ed) to see.

I typed that ONLY after receiving your logo via this site's PM system.

demetrioussharpe

Quote from: jep on 2011.02.13, 16:03:29
Hello Dee,

is there something we (users) can help you out with beside cheering you on?

Hello Jep,

Sure, there's always something to do that's not really related to actual programming. Logos would be great. Convincing any of the graphics & game developers that you know to consider building a version of their software targeting OS/2's OpenGL implementation. GL/2 site management probably needs a little help here & there. There're also tons of things that are going to need to be in place when this thing is up & running, since the availability of hardware acceleration (in itself) is just 1 solution to 1 problem, but doesn't solve the overall issues. Maybe organizing fellow OS/2 users who love games to get back involved. Perhaps someone could even create a new OS/2 gaming site. The sky's the limit really. Thanks for your interest! :)

Ben

Quote from: demetrioussharpe on 2011.02.13, 19:00:08
I typed that ONLY after receiving your logo via this site's PM system.

Geez...

You must have been online when I sent that PM.

You replied so fast I thought that you were talking about someone else's pic.

Also, the way that you described it, I didn't think that you could possibly be talking about my errr... rather basic... submission. Hahaha!  ::)

In which case, thanks for the kind words.