• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Fluidsynth

Started by Phil, 2009.11.25, 02:58:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil

Downloaded and tried to use Fluidsynth, but lacking  dll called klibc063.
any suggestions as to where to find this dll.
regards
Phil

Saijin_Naib

Phil

Thanks for the link, but is there or is there not a difference btwn libc 063 and
klibc063
regards
Phil

Saijin_Naib

I don't believe there is. Install the Warpin Archive and see if the dependency issue goes away.

Phil

Thanks for the reply, reinstalled libc-0_6_3-csd3 wpi, still will not launch
fluidsynth. At one point in the install of libc o63  I did see a reference to klibc.
looks like I might have other issues.
regards
Phil

Saijin_Naib

http://www.ecomstation.it/ecsoft2/prog.php?progid=1079&name=kLIBC%20%2F%20GCC%20Runtime%20Library&sys=os2+ecomstation

According to that, the Libc I sent you was klibc.
Did the Warpin install them to the path? (OS2/DLL or eCS/DLL)?

Phil

Saijin_Naib

You've rebooted right?

Only thing I can think of is a possible .ini error (CleanINI/CheckINI can maybe rectify).

Pete

Hi Phil

I have no idea what Fluidsynth is or where to get a copy to test.

I do wonder if the KLIBC directory structure on eCS systems has any bearing on your problem... Are you using eCS and, if "yes" which version?

May just be worth checking that your config.sys file has the location of libc files in the set LibPath statement.

Regards

Pete

Saijin_Naib

Indeed, if you are using eCS 2.x beta you should have an eComstation kernel object in the System Setup folder. This util will have many tabs to adjust a ton of core settings, including the paths (which I believe it can correct for you).

Phil

Saijin
will look into ecom kernel 

Pete:  Thanks for the response.   fluidsynth is software real time synthesizer
based on soundfont 2 specifications and can be
found on Hobbes:  /pub/os2/dev/mm/fluidsynth-1.0.9.zip
I am using eComstayion 2.0 silver rc 7.
My interest in this program is midi support
regards
Phil

Pete

Hi Phil

I downloaded and unzipped this package.

Found a man page that gave me an idea how to start the app so I thought I'd give it go with the Help option mentioned in the "man" page. Result: SYS1804: The system cannot find the file FLUIDSYN.

Looks like this package cannot find it's own files so does not look promising for finding any other files required.

Regards

Pete

RobertM

Pete,

Result: SYS1804: The system cannot find the file FLUIDSYN.DLL

(bold-italic part added by me, as that is usually the actual intent of the message)

This error is usually caused by a DLL or it's dependencies not being loaded...

That is probably being caused by one of three scenarios that I can think of (there may be others)...

(1) Something is hard coded into the paths where it looks for it's DLL

(2) The DLL needs to be someplace that is searchable via the appropriate path statement in the config.sys

(3) The DLL has another prerequisite that it cannot find and thus does not load (ie: EMX, LibC, etc). This is a strange one that I have seen once or twice. Some dependency is not present and the DLL does not load with a message about it not being able to be found, instead of a message about the dependency not being able to be found.

HTH,
Robert

|
|
Kirk's 5 Year Mission Continues at:
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|

RobertM

Hmmm... fourth possibility I have seen on rare occassions... a wrong version of a dependency is being loaded by the dll that is reporting a problem and you are getting the un-helpful message you see.

Occassionally, it can be caused by a function that is not exported (or present) in the DLL in question - which is unlikely in this case. (ie: this has happened on packages where an older version of a DLL is accidentally included that is missing lets say... WinDoSomethingFunction that the exe is looking for and trying to load).

|
|
Kirk's 5 Year Mission Continues at:
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|

Pete

Hi Robert

I think the main problem with fluidsynth is that like a lot of *nix software you are meant to know what it is and how to configure and use it without any useful docs being available - especially for non-*nix systems.

Maybe I've simply made a mistake by unzipping the contents to my choice of location instead of to the root of a drive... I did try adjusting the fluidsynth.pc configuration file that I found to suit the current location but no change.

I'll simply pass on this at this time. Maybe a future build will be more non-*nix friendly and have some useful docs to help get it working.

Regards

Pete