• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

IF you ban me, I demand ALL my posts be removed.

Started by ddan, 2009.11.27, 13:40:56

Previous topic - Next topic

ddan

You or someone stated that's possible with a single click.

In that case, I withdraw from all agreement stated or implied, and maintain full legal possession of my writings. I do not consent to you gaining value from them.

If not complied with, I'll look into DMCA provisions.

warpcafe

Hi,

ehhh... I don't think you're banned...

What makes you think this is the case?
Cheers,
Thomas
"It is not worth an intelligent man's time to be in the majority.
By definition, there are already enough people to do that"
- G.H. Hardy

RobertM

Quote from: ddan on 2009.11.27, 13:40:56
You or someone stated that's possible with a single click.

In that case, I withdraw from all agreement stated or implied, and maintain full legal possession of my writings. I do not consent to you gaining value from them.

If not complied with, I'll look into DMCA provisions.

I stated that, almost a year ago, in relation to saborion2 - someone you ranted about us not banning for equally as disruptive behavior (odd, isn't it? pot, kettle, black). Yes, though it applies to all members (the ability to ban anyone with one click - even though the desire to do so does NOT exist), no such threat was made to you. The exact opposite was the case in my responses to you.

As for your "ownership" of your writing, I believe you forgot to read the Forum Agreement you agreed to in signing up for this forum.

No one has threatened to ban you. I have told you (AND others) to keep attacks against other forum members and personal insults off the forums. Period. Nothing more. And you will, or they will be removed with no warning. Period. You may continue to (where appropriate due to the topic at hand you are replying in) rant about Windows as much as you want.

I've stated nothing more and nothing less about this issue.

You will also take these discussions private or confine them to one thread on these forums.

|
|
Kirk's 5 Year Mission Continues at:
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|

RobertM

Related note, the DMCA does not apply to these forums, which are not run or hosted in the US. Additionally, even in the US, they would not apply (for various reasons, the Forum Agreement being one of them); and I could site numerous case law to prove it, but as the DMCA does not apply, I will not.

|
|
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|

aschn

Shit, what makes you to not keep your mouth shut?

ddan

I object to the use of scatology. But feel free to drop in out of the blue and
tell people here what not to do. Seems popular. I don't apologize for spamming
the board; my reasons I give elsewhere, if you're interested.

Now, I'm not an attorney and don't even watch them on television, so take what
follows as mere mental exercise. It was prompted by someone removing posts
here.

As a  practical FACT, so long as I can modify and remove posts, I own them. (I
guess unless you re-post them.) IN the case at hand, I feared action that would
curtail that ownership in the practical sense. And just because "The Forum",
that I don't know even exists as a legal entity, asserts that an "Agreement"
exists, it doesn't make it what a court might find in an action. And in light
of CHANGED PRACTICES here from my experience, which in effect BROKE any
previous "Agreement", I asserted ownership and a demand in timely fashion while
my ownership did still exist, which I maintain then makes for a NEW Agreement.

And I doubt that you wish to assert ownership of their contents. I advise
checking with an attorney before making such statements, before YOU are held
liable for their contents. I'm sure that neither of us know "The Law", because
Law is a chaotic chimera that will eat you alive just for fun and practice.
It's what lawyers do, so long as they profit.

But I definitely ain't here to argue legalisms. I'm just saying they ain't
necessarily what ya think they are.

RobertM

ddan: wrong on many counts. First saijin's posts are archived as you noted. Second, for such behavior in someone else, you posted the following "Having resolved last Friday that if saborion2 wasn't banned Monday, I'm OUT." yet expect different treatment. I suspect this time around, the moderation team will not wait as long. Third, you have no idea what the law allows, what the jurisdiction the servers run in allow, or how that affects the forums.

Fourth, do not ever try to undo a moderator's action again - or yes, you will be banned.

Fifth, and most simply, which brings us full circle, just stop. Get back into discussions without calling anyone "fanboys", "dupes" or anything else that you sling in a derogatory fashion, and all will be fine.

And finally, if you have a problem with moderation, you can PM anyone on the moderation team. Do not waste space on the forum with diatribes in numerous threads.

And to summarize, since you do not understand this point (and it is a key point), these forums, even though viewable by the public, are private forums (shared with the public through their ability to view it or interact under our terms) owned by a private organization (the OS/2 World Foundation), run under our (not yours or anyone else's) rules. You seem to be indicating in your last post that you do not agree with that. Please clarify - which by the way I expect to be your last comment on the subject in the publicly viewable part of the forum.

|
|
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|

ddan

I repeat: mere mental exercise.

But NO, I don't expect DIFFERENT treatment. I expect the same. In my view, I didn't exactly get it, but neither do I exactly complain. I say only that _someone's_ action had the same effect on ME that I complained of last year, and was the reason I left then, yes.

But I was done with that and all associated. I accept the damage I've done to myself.

Please see my completely new topic.

RobertM

Quote from: ddan on 2009.11.28, 19:09:43
I repeat: mere mental exercise.

But NO, I don't expect DIFFERENT treatment. I expect the same. In my view, I didn't exactly get it, but neither do I exactly complain. I say only that _someone's_ action had the same effect on ME that I complained of last year, and was the reason I left then, yes.

But I was done with that and all associated. I accept the damage I've done to myself.

Please see my completely new topic.

I have indeed... and I thank you.

Best,
Robert

|
|
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|