• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Snow Bound

Started by BigWarpGuy, 2009.12.20, 15:04:15

Previous topic - Next topic

BigWarpGuy

Here in central New Jersey of USA - east coast, we are snow bound. We have had our first real snow; for NJ that is. Other parts of USA already had snow before today. I heard that Europe also has received a lot of snow too.  ;D What is the weather where you are at?  ??? Inquiring minds want to know.  8)

miturbide

Here in Quito, Ecuador. The forecast for today is max 21°C  min 12°C. With some chances of storm.
Since we are in the middle of the world there are no seasons, so the temp is almost the same all year, we have the rainny seasson and the dry seasson. 

Never seen snow here, only one time it fall so much ice (I think its called hail in english) that it looked like snow in the streets.
Martín Itúrbide
OS2World.com NewsMaster
Open Source Advocate

Skype - martiniturbide
Google Talk - martiniturbide@gmail.com

Andi

5-10cm snow and -14° Celsius. Perfect Christmas weather. Although another 40cm would be fine. Unfortunately they predict +8° next week  :(

Near Vienna.

Bill

Hello folks,

here in Yorkshire, Northern England we have had about 2 inches ( 5cm ) of snow for about 2 days. It is very cold, temperature is 32 F ( 0 C ) and with the wind chill taken into account it feels like 23 F ( -4 C ).   Have just come back from taking the dog for a walk and can confirm the local weather station's 'feels like' figures.   :(  There are places about 50 miles away that have over a foot of snow ( 30 cm ) but the temp is supposed to go above freezing soon so I suppose the snow will melt  :)
      Cheers,  Bill

melf

In Gothenburg, Sweden temperature is -7 degrees Celsius. It's just "powder" on the streets - we look forward to some more snow - it lightens up the darkness! I like the winter but when I see Martins report I'd rather be in Ecuador...Interesting thread BWG!
/Mikael

Pete

Hi All

Being geographically close to Bill - I'm in Oldham, Lancashire, England - I can confirm it is cold as well as being snow covered. We've had about 6 inches (15 cm) snowfall over the past 2 days.

Regards

Pete

Raiko

Here in Drammen, Norway, the temperature is -8 C and we have approx 20 cm snow.
Have just been out walking my dogs and it was a pleasure compared to 2 days ago
when it was -18 C.

osw

It's -15 C. plus some (5 - 10 cm) snow on streets, here in Krakow, southern Poland. Obviously - a winter came.
Still no polar bears though ;)

Saijin_Naib

Hah, forgot you lived nearby BWG. I just got in from shoveling snow all day :P

herwigb

Southern Austria, ~10 cm (4 inch) snow, today -19°C. Brrrrrr!
Kind regards,
HerwigB.

cyber

Novi Sad, Vojvodina, Serbia. About 40 cm of snow with temperature -18.  :o To cold for battery in my car to start engine, i had to go to work using taxi.  :'( 

eilygre

Here in western Norway (near Bergen) the temperature is about - 8 C, and we have about 50 cm snow.
Everything look like a Xmas-card as the snow lies on the bushes and trees and the sun is shining.
We will have a white Xmas this year and that is very rare along the western coast, even in Norway. Years since last time.

:) Merry Christmas to everybody.

Regards

Einar

cyber

Novi Sad: Just one day later, 5 C !, snow is melting, and slushy. 

Bill

Here in Yorkshire, today is not much different, but in 24 hours it has tried to thaw in the sunlight, and then we keep getting more snow in light showers.  Temp is still about 32°F / 0°C .  The real problem does seem to be in the London / SE England area.

RobertM

We got about 2 feet (60cm roughly) here on Long Island on Saturday night and Sunday morning. The temperatures weren't that bad though 25-35F (-4C to 1.6C). It's melted down quite a bit in the last couple days and is only probably about a foot thick now.

Nice sunny days, but still kinda cold (at least for me). Supposed to be more snow before the end of the week, so hopefully this will melt down some more before then.

Rob

|
|
Kirk's 5 Year Mission Continues at:
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|