• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Snow Bound

Started by BigWarpGuy, 2009.12.20, 15:04:15

Previous topic - Next topic

klipp

What is this stuff you all are calling SNOW? Never heard of it down here in Guadalajara, Mexico! Although it has been very cold here lately (got clear down to 65 degrees Fahrenheit - 18 Celsius (last night!)!
I know, EVERYBODY hates a Smart Ass!

klipp
Windoz Free! eCS 2.0 serving Linux, Windoz & OS2
rklipp@megared.net.mx

RobertM

Quote from: klipp on 2009.12.23, 20:34:17
What is this stuff you all are calling SNOW? Never heard of it down here in Guadalajara, Mexico! Although it has been very cold here lately (got clear down to 65 degrees Fahrenheit - 18 Celsius (last night!)!
I know, EVERYBODY hates a Smart Ass!

klipp

LoL! It depends! Do you have a spare room? I think I am finished "enjoying" the cold up here...  ;D

|
|
Kirk's 5 Year Mission Continues at:
Star Trek New Voyages
|
|

kbzerini

I'm in NH, we haven't had any snowfall for weeks-- it's about 5 Celsius outside right now, and we have maybe 20cm of snow on the ground. It's overcast too.
Alternative and vintage computer enthusiast

Proud future Multician!

BigWarpGuy

It is cold here in New Jersey. It is in the 20's F.  ;D The wind makes feel colder. :) We had snow but the rain melted it away. We are suppose to get more.  ;D

lpino

Hot 90s F (30s C) here in Santiago. It's been cooler than usual for the season but it's probably the intense "EL NIÑO" we are experiencing. Lucky it came in summer because in winter brings LOTS of rain to central regions of Chile.
Snow here,,, mmmm,, only in winters with "LA NIÑA" (2007).

Now,,, off to the beach to spend the new year celebrations with some friends... (no updates to SWT  ;D)

Bye

Bill

Here in Yorkshire we have been around freezing or just above for a few days now.   The snow has almost gone, thanks to the heat of the sun, but the wind chill factor these last few days has taken the feel of the temperature down to about 20F ( about -7C I think).  There was a very small flurry of snow this morning, but the next few days are to be clear which means that the temp. will be down below freezing :(

warpcafe

Hi all,

not sure if someone already told about the Rhine area here in Germany.
We had the biggest dropdowns in temperature around Dec-19th reaching up to minus 14° centigrade (Celsius) IIRC. Also, a lot of snow fell during that time. That lasted for about 3 days and just in time with Xmas, everything had melted down. Since then: Rain, rain, rain.

Happy new year everybody...
Regards, Thomas
"It is not worth an intelligent man's time to be in the majority.
By definition, there are already enough people to do that"
- G.H. Hardy

DougB

Hi.
I live in Sherwood Park, Alberta, Canada (just outside of the city of Edmonton). Today (the last day of 2009), at noon Mountain Standard Time it was -23C (-9F). A few weeks ago, the overnight low, at the Edmonton International Airport (about 50 KM - 30 Mi - from here), was a new record at -46C (-50F), which was more than 10C (18F) COLDER than ever recorded on that date before.  Tonight, at midnight the forecast is for -28C (-18F), with a wind chill of -40C (-40F), so it will be somewhat cool to be standing around outside waiting for the New Year to arrive.  We have the usual amount of snow on the ground (about 30 cm or 1 foot) for this time of year.

That should make the rest of you feel somewhat warmer. Have a GREAT/2 2010.

melf

Gothenburg again: Now it's -10 degrees Celsius, no snow. As for Thomas we got snow over Christmas then rain for some days. Anyway I prefer the cold weather before the rainy. Happy New Year everybody!
/Mikael

StefanZ

Brno, Czech Rep.: +5°C and raining  :-\
There is almost no show left on the streets...

Happy New Year everybody :)

Bill

Well, the snow has finally gone from here in Yorkshire.   :D  It has been as deep as about 35cm  (over a foot) but has varied a lot over the past days since the 19th December.  Some days the sun has melted a lot but then more snow would fall.  The paths have had snow on them all that time.   Sadly we are told it may fall again in 2 days  :(