• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Mail server problems with eCS b4

Started by bjorso, 2007.06.13, 19:15:44

Previous topic - Next topic

bjorso

Hi,

I have problems to send encrypted mail with Thunderbird 2 + GnuPG 1.4.7 + Enigmail 0.95 on eCS b4. Mails that are regular, not encrypted, passes ok and even mails that are signed will do. Mails that are encrypted produces a mail server timeout (#4.4.2) every time and I have no idea what is wrong. The same combination of software works perfect in eCS 1.2R so it's definitely nothing wrong with my mail server or any software component.

If I change the value for timeout in Thunderbird it's makes no difference since the timeout is received before the default value passes. The problem must be in beta 4 and I don't know where to start looking? Is anything changed concering communication?

Fetching mails works ok.

//bjorso

kim

It seems that this error occurs as well when running Thunderbird 2 only.

The Blue Warper

Have you tried Enigmail 0.95.1?
(See http://www.os2bbs.com/os2news/warpzilla.html for the links related)

[Just a guess...]

kim

Doesn't matter what version of Enigmail and if you're using Enigmail or not... there is something really bad in the b4 release. Let's see what the finding are with RC1 release.

Sander

Quote from: kimhav on 2007.06.26, 11:41:55
Doesn't matter what version of Enigmail and if you're using Enigmail or not... there is something really bad in the b4 release. Let's see what the finding are with RC1 release.

I'm curious.  Are you using the Thunderbird 2.0.0.4 Offical version, or Peter's?

bjorso

I have tested both and it's no difference. The problems are the same in rc1 as in b4 so nothing is changed there, I am afraid. Every combination of TB, official or PW, Enigmail 0.95.0 or 0.95.1 works without problems on eCS 1.2 r.

//bjorso

Sander

Thanks Bjorso.  I have seen some fairly odd problems with PmW-TB that are not found in the "official" version, so as I said, I was curious.  Actually this version of Thunderbird (official) has been pretty damn bulletproof, and VERY cool.  :-)  Lovin' it here.

kim

Björn have you tried with the RC1 release as well of eCS?

bjorso

Yes, I have and it's no difference, the same time-out behaviour.

//bjorso

Criguada

Just a wild guess: did you look into the firewall configuration? I am talking about the software firewall that is installed by default (I think) in eCS 2.0 betas. It's just a guess... I didn't look to see if it is activated and configured by default, but I saw the FW driver is in config.sys.

Bye
Cris

bjorso

Yes, the FW-driver is installed but it's not activated until the user decide to do so. In my case I have not activated it, no need since I use a hardware FW in my router.

//bjorso

melf

Could it be related to ACPI anyway? We discussed the thing at ecs news portal some months ago, and I know that that line (SET NSPR_OS2_NO_HIRES_TIMER=1) didn't change anything. But if ACPI can produce timeoutproblems in one way, maybee it also can in other ways. ACPI seems sometimes quite unreliable, eg the latest one, packed with RC1 caused a trap during first installation phase in my laptop. But maybee you used ACPI also with ecs 1.2r?
/Mikael

bjorso

That is possible. I am not using ACPI on my 1.2 r laptop. I guess I can give it a try by removing ACPI on my rc1 system and see what happens?

//bjorso