• Welcome to OS2World OLD-STATIC-BACKUP Forum.

News:

This is an old OS2World backup forum for reference only. IT IS READ ONLY!!!

If you need help with OS/2 - eComStation visit http://www.os2world.com/forum

Main Menu

Printing under eCS

Started by Quique, 2010.02.15, 19:10:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Quique

does eCS 2.0 come with eCUP installed and configured?

is eCUPs project still active?

thks

Pete

Hi Quique

I did read somewhere that eCUPS will be included in eCS at some point; No idea if it will make it into eCS2.0GA though...

eCUPS should not be too difficult to install anyway as there is a complete package using Warpin as the installer.

As far as I am aware eCUPS is an ongoing project; I think Paul (cups porter) is probably working on updating eCUPS to the current cups build 1.4.2

Regards

Pete

warunyan

I have a HP Photosmart2575a.
Support of hplip?

Saijin_Naib

Not yet. Paul Smedley may be working on it. HPLIP is a big project.

Paul Smedley

Quote from: Pete on 2010.02.15, 19:42:36
I did read somewhere that eCUPS will be included in eCS at some point; No idea if it will make it into eCS2.0GA though...

eCUPS should not be too difficult to install anyway as there is a complete package using Warpin as the installer.

As far as I am aware eCUPS is an ongoing project; I think Paul (cups porter) is probably working on updating eCUPS to the current cups build 1.4.2

eCUPS is definitely an ongoing project, it just happens that of late there haven't been any updates.  That's about to change as Gutenprint 5.2.5 was released over the weekend, so I'll soon upload a build of that.

At some point I'll migrate Cups to v1.4x - but this isn't a major priority.  I do have it mostly working, but there are issues for new users with v1.4.x on OS/2 (basically a newly added printer doesn't work and prints black pages)

Cheers,

Paul

Paul Smedley

Quote from: Saijin_Naib on 2010.02.16, 07:32:57
Not yet. Paul Smedley may be working on it. HPLIP is a big project.

I've got hplip compiling previously, the bigger problem is the 100's of python scripts that come with it and have all sorts of nasty unix dependencies in them....

One day I'll look at it again....

Saijin_Naib

Are these unix dependencies something that is just grunt/rote changing? AKA, something I could plod through in spare time without having to learn OS/2 API, Linux API, Python, C, and whatever all else?

David McKenna

Quote from: Saijin_Naib on 2010.02.16, 10:42:03
Are these unix dependencies something that is just grunt/rote changing? AKA, something I could plod through in spare time without having to learn OS/2 API, Linux API, Python, C, and whatever all else?

I would be willing to do this too if it is something that Paul could provide some guidance....

Paul Smedley

Quote from: David McKenna on 2010.02.17, 00:47:55
Quote from: Saijin_Naib on 2010.02.16, 10:42:03

I would be willing to do this too if it is something that Paul could provide some guidance....

To be honest, I don't remember.  When I find some free time (ha ha) I'll try take another look at hplip.

The other issue is that I don't have any hardware here for testing, but that's easy enough to solve with a trip to the local department store :P

Saijin_Naib

All I've got on hand is a HP PSC 1210xi, which requires HPLIP so I am willing to test for you. Also, willing to test any Tame/Sane updates for USB back-end as well.

Paul Smedley

Quote from: Saijin_Naib on 2010.02.17, 16:15:47
All I've got on hand is a HP PSC 1210xi, which requires HPLIP so I am willing to test for you. Also, willing to test any Tame/Sane updates for USB back-end as well.

Check the ecups mailing list if you want to try a cups + hplip build..... The mailing list can be found at http://news.gmane.org/gmane.org.netlabs.ecups.devel

Paul Smedley

Quote from: Paul Smedley on 2010.02.18, 11:02:26
Quote from: Saijin_Naib on 2010.02.17, 16:15:47

Check the ecups mailing list if you want to try a cups + hplip build.....

FWIW - one user has confirmed my hplip build as working with their officejet 5610xi :)

warunyan

hplip-3.9.12-os2-20100218.zip is great!
My hp Photosmart 2575a's print is successfully,browser(but Printer test page only)&OS/2window.
Very Thanks Mr.Paul Smedley.

However,  Setting screen on the browser changed Japanese > English by hplip-3.9.12-os2-20100218.zip.

Sorry my bad English.

warunyan

I can't print a DBCS file.
A Ghostscript Japanese edition stops at gs8.00.
I edited the PREFIX. but a gs8.00 Japanese edition & eCUPS can't print a SBCS file & a DBCS file.
Is there a way to print a DBCS file in gs8.70 & eCUPS ?

osw

great!
hplip did the trick
my hp officejet 5510 all in one printer - is working now with ecups
big thanks Paul!